Another go at the Loop

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
My first try at the Loop a couple of years back struck out and I got a really good look at the inside of a cloud :LOL: Since then my friend that I went with has been back many times and had great days each and every time. So Friday is my second attempt. Day booked off, weather checked, bag packed and fingers crossed :D

Yeah sorry about that, Mach Loop in Wales as said above :D

4:30 am start, 4hrs driving, climb up a mountain and sit there for 8 hrs, should be good :LOL:

Yeah sorry about that, Mach Loop in Wales as said above :D

4:30 am start, 4hrs driving, climb up a mountain and sit there for 8 hrs, should be good :LOL:

Hope all goes well for you. And you get some good photos(y)

Thanks, hopefully make up for the strike out last time :LOL:

I've only been once but had a brilliant day with 7-8 Harrier passes and 5-6 Hawks. Must try to get back there this year.

Look forward to seeing the pics. Which spot are you going to?

My biggest regret is not getting back in time to see Harriers pass through :crying:

OMG what a day :D Just got back home after a brill day at the loop. Started from my mates place in Oxford about 4:30 this morning and got to Bwlch about 7:30. Almost died on the climb up to the middle shelf :LOL:and got treated to a pair of Typhoon's followed my a stream of Hawks throughout the day and a Hurc somewhere in the middle (y)

Pics up tomorrow hopefully in sharing section if I have some good ones.

If the middle shelf is tough for you dont ever attempt Bluebell !! glad you had a good day though

If the middle shelf is tough for you dont ever attempt Bluebell !! glad you had a good day though

I might of been slightly exagerating :D Would love to try Bluebell sometime soon though although I might have to join a gym first :LOL:

Found this site - looks like excellent information though I've never been myself - yet!

http://www.lowflymedia.com/info/mach_loop/mach_loop.shtml

I was wondering if it was worth going at the moment with the cancellation of displays at air shows due to all the action overseas - the O P has convinced me it is!!

Certainly seems to be fairly regular movements still. Nowhere near as high as it used to be but the local Hawks at least are still coming through.

Back