Another Lone Tree (but the first one I've shot)

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
Yep I know it's another lone tree although I never shoot these - I drive past this tree everyday and always thought it would make a good golden hour spot, so on the way back from Wastwater this morning I decided to risk getting trampled by the cattle and had a go. The sky was really hazy and quite hard to control:

Morning Calm by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Spot on Stu, nice composition and light. Come to the North of Scotland, we don't have trees to get in the way :)

Thanks Andrew I'm gonna start looking for more of this stuff now the colour is returning to the area. I was far enough North the other day dunno if I fancy driving any further!
Local is where it's at as far as I'm concerned and no need to drive this far the scenery isn't up to much ;) and the people are worse, just ask Martin :cool:

Err...I can see a couple of hundred trees :eek:
Just kidding Stuart. ;)
Pleasant scene indeed.

Spot on for me!

Err...I can see a couple of hundred trees :eek:
Just kidding Stuart. ;)
Pleasant scene indeed.
Thanks Craig, it's easy to just focus on the mountains with all of them round here when there's other opportunities right in front of me, going to try more of this sort of stuff (not necessarily lone trees mind!)

Hi Stuart
I like it.... always had a bit of tree fetish anyhow;), as Paul says Simple and Uncomplicated. With a bit of judicial scrolling on the thread this also works well as a letterbox crop, if you don't like the 50:50 look, not that I'm suggesting you change it.
I love the subtle gradients in the sky too, very nice. Lovely light. Nice work!
I was out recceing some lone trees and Barley fields this W/E ready for a return trip in the right light.

Like this, it is a nice pastel scene. Honestly though it would be better without the orb of the sun in it which is a distraction so close to the right hand side.

Back