Another spoonful

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
When i first did this shot I didn't really care for it :thinking: but now I do :) So what do you think? Does it work as a shot or not? suggestions and critique always welcome ... :)

4099221660_9a779e06c7_o.jpg

I can see the Rolling Stones tongue starting to form in there:LOL: A splog in a spoon would be cool(y)

Haven't you posted this before, I'm sure i commented on it :confused: or am I just going mad?

No, but I did post one similarhere I didn't post this then as I didn't like it :thinking:

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Steve

It's nice :) Do you think a darker background might make it look a bit better? It's all very light.

i prefer this one..the only reason being that the first you post "to me" seemed t be liquid hitting tomato sauce, sorry but this second one i think is rather nice.. well done

Love it! I think it works well as you've caught the essence of the fluid moving, whilst still maintaining a nice crisp 'still' shot (y)

looks like a tongue in a teaspoon to me. I quite like this and as said there is great movement of the liquid but it is still well controlled :clap:

I like the spoon... love the movement in the liquid... but I'm not at all sure about the BG. t looks a bit discoloured in the bottom left corner on my monitor. Not sure if a black BG would be better :shrug:

Thanks everyone for your comments (y)

There is some discolouration in the bottom left as pointed out I think this was caused by a shadow and didn't really notice it until later

I did try a dark background but I prefered the white as it made the colours pop out a bit more , but thanks for the suggestion.

I was actually trying for a Splog, but the spoon wasn't stable enough and kept bending :D but will keep on trying!

To do the shot I simply held the end of the spoon with a clamp and dropped the water into it using my usual settings of low ISO, F11/16, 1-2 secs exposure in a darkened area. By using a long exposure you can fire the flash manually at 1/64 power after dropping the water and not having to worry about controlling the camera :)

HTH .... Steve

really cool
kinda different from the normal water shots
just looks great

Love it! I think it works well as you've caught the essence of the fluid moving, whilst still maintaining a nice crisp 'still' shot (y)

Comment above sums up my thoughts perfectly!

Plus it is perfectly exposed too.

Oh when oh when will you take a bad shot?? :shrug:

Back