Ants say hello...

Name
Huw
Edit My Images
No
Taken on Holiday in Provence this summer.
C&C welcomed :)

antscommunicate800.jpg

I'm also new I could do with some instructions in using my macro

Hi Clive, I'm far from an expert but will send you a PM later today (hopefully) :)

Hi Robbo, thanks for the comments, they were generally up to a couple of centimetres long. Very fast movers too so capturing them was quite a challenge, hand held was the only way... :)

Thanks for the comment Mike, much appreciated :)

Really like the shadows, adds a lot to the shot.
I like it (y)

Hi Clive, I'm far from an expert but will send you a PM later today (hopefully) :)

Hi Robbo, thanks for the comments, they were generally up to a couple of centimetres long. Very fast movers too so capturing them was quite a challenge, hand held was the only way... :)

Thanks for the comment Mike, much appreciated :)

oh quite big ones, last time i seen an ant it was about 1/2 cm! lol

Stunning picture! Perfect DOF and lighting, and bril shadows. I really like this picture, nicely done! (y)

Nice picture! Looks like it could be a battle, not just saying hello. Is the one on the left missing a front limb? I frequently find that hand-held is the only way to go.

Nice picture! Looks like it could be a battle, not just saying hello. Is the one on the left missing a front limb? I frequently find that hand-held is the only way to go.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Dan :)

While attempting to get a good shot of these little fellas I did watch their behaviour and it was actually more of a communication thing than combat, they would occasionally meet and seem to pass a message on as one travelled in one direct and the other went the other way.
With regards to the leg I can't rightly remember if he was down to five but I guess it's either that or it's hidden behind his body (not really possible to tell from the shadow).
Hand held yes certainly for this type of shot, in fact most insect shots I find :)

Last edited:
Back