Any Canon 60d users?

Edit My Images
No
So I've had various cameras over the years, sold everything and slowly building up a small kit again. I had a 40d but have just traded it in for a 60d. I considered the 600d and couldn't afford 70,80 or 90! Anyhow, I'm after any advice on how to get the best out of it?

I'll be using either 24mm or 50mm primes and predominantly family photos or when I'm out walking etc!

Hoping I've not made a mistake opting for the 60d but limited budget meant limited options!

Try HERE for the camera owners threads
And HERE for the 60D section, although its a tad out of date since the last post, but it may help

“Anyhow, I'm after any advice on how to get the best out of it?”
As with any camera, read the manual so you know how it works especially as it will have a few more features than your old one. I found that the metering on different models even though they are the same brand behave differently so it’s a matter of trial and error to see how the metering works in different lighting. As the sensor is different, the RAWs will need a different approach to getting the best out of them. Enjoy your recent purchase.

@Mintchocs i fully intend to read through the manual I was just curious if anyone had any particular tips from experience! Looking forward to going out shooting soon

Back