Any Chinese Water Dragon keepers?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've wanted one for quite some time now. They're beautiful creatures and the prospect of being able to handle them is very appealing, but I have a few questions, mostly pertaining to habitat.

There's a wealth of information online, unfortunately it's all very contradictory. Some say that you need a minimum viv of 6' wide by 4' deep by 4' tall, and some say that something as small as 4' x 2' x 3'. I've got a fair amount of room in my office (a quiet room where only I go, and definately no dogs allowed in here!) to play with, so I want to make sure I've done it right. Bottom line, what sort of size do I want to look for for max. 2 of them?

The other issue I'd like some info is water features. The idea I'd had would be to put a water channel in using glass and aquarium silicone, have an outlet at one end going to a filter to be returned to the other end, keeping the water moving, and keeping in fresh and clean; in addition I'd also place to some static water bowls around too. Again, bottom line, is this a good idea?

Substrate I'd be using either bark chips or beech chips or a mixture of both. Artifical branches (plenty of them) and leaves/vines etc will also be added. Comments and advice welcome.

Cheers geezers & geezerettes.

Back