Workshop Any clubs in London?

Name
Leah
Edit My Images
Yes
Are there any photography clubs in London? Or meet ups/ places people get together to practice and learn? Just curious as I do intend to do a course at some point but can't afford one at the moment, but would love to meet with likeminded people and get some tips!

Are there any photography clubs in London? Or meet ups/ places people get together to practice and learn? Just curious as I do intend to do a course at some point but can't afford one at the moment, but would love to meet with likeminded people and get some tips!
Hey LeahP! I would like to know the same. I just got here from Aus and am looking for the same thing. Have you got an instagram? Maybe if we are of a similar level and interest we can figure it out?

Meetup.com list quite a few clubs locally Leah. Some are gratis and some are not so gratis but maybe a little less than you've seen elsewhere?

I've dabbled with a few on Meetup, but my experience has been that the cheaper ones are just a bunch of people gathering in one place to take some photos, without much in the way of tuition, and the costlier ones (which can get quite costly) tend to be full on studio shoot setups for 1 to 1 or very small groups, which i don't personally feel confident enough to handle. If you find anything in between, I'd love to hear about it!
Calumet (now merged with Wex) do have some interesting open / training days once in a while, too. I'm East London and they're now very local to me since the merger!

I know the camera club in Kensington.
They have two excellent studios that can be rented at affordable prices and they organise some evening seminars.
It is very oriented to professionals. Here is the lnk
http://thecameraclub.co.uk/

Depends entirely where you are. London is a big place. You're best off finding one in your part of London.
If you're in South East London, you could try http://www.woolwichphotographic.com/ But that would be a bit of trek if you're in West or North London.

Back