ANY FOOTBALL PHOTOGRAPHERS OUT THERE?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Thought it might be good to have a thread along the lines of the rugby one where those of us lucky enough to be covering professional football got together so we can share info, see where each other are going to be, and keep an eye out for each others pics in the papers. Might be an interesting read for others as well.

was at doncaster last night.. am at northampton on saturday

even though no longer offical accrington stanley photogrpaher.. local papers decided i am best person to cover stanley games as i know everyone at and around the club.. big advantage as has been proved many times..

I wont be doing too much agency work this season.. If I am free midweek and really nothing else on (ie paid) then i will take in a local midweek prem game within half an hr of my house (theres Bolton, Blackburn, Wigin and a couple of championship teams real close by) otherwise commision only.

Trouble wiht league cup first round.. theres too many games midweek for too little available coverage and not a lot of interest.. Havent seen any figures but I am guessing everyones games ahd pareticularly low crowds?

Trouble wiht league cup first round.. theres too many games midweek for too little available coverage and not a lot of interest.. Havent seen any figures but I am guessing everyones games ahd pareticularly low crowds?

3,724 at Stockport

Hi, doing Huddersfield Town V Tranmere on Sat! 10,342 @ away win at Notts county, 0-3 game on!!. Graham.
ps only 3475 at Carlisle mid week but a 1-0 win;)

Last edited:
Football....nah, I don't shoot that.

:D

Swansea v PNE on Saturday for me....no Carling Cup matches as all the teams near me were playing away from home.

5175 at Bradford, of which 676 were away fans.

Reckon you'll get more of a crowd for the second round tony!? ;)

I proberbly wont cover as much this season and certainly not until about end Sept as I have too much other work on. Have to say I'm missing it already though! :crying:

Haha...I reckon so.

As if 3 goals to Millwall wasnt bad enough, 3 goals to Southend!!!!!! The bloody Shrimpers. The team whose mascot looks like a sperm.

Mate, watch the link -

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/bristol-city-stadium68250/

The guy in the bike helmet is me - You gotta laugh. I went off on a rant and they edited it down to a succinct 20 seconds. Still, all the time I was thinking this will wind all of my mates up. Die hard City fans, season tickets etc. Bet they never expected a bloke from Bedminster to use the term 'the material fact is'....:D

That said, I am banned form the Three Lions now and the firm are after me !

Last edited:
Mate, watch the link -

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/bristol-city-stadium68250/

The guy in the bike helmet is me - You gotta laugh. I went off on a rant and they edited it down to a succinct 20 seconds. Still, all the time I was thinking this will wind all of my mates up. Die hard City fans, season tickets etc. Bet they never expected a bloke from Bedminster to use the term 'the material fact is'....:D

Hahaha, I'd already seen it and twigged it was you! Did give me a little chuckle. Surprised they managed to edit it. (y)

Hahaha, I'd already seen it and twigged it was you! Did give me a little chuckle. Surprised they managed to edit it. (y)

Yeah, I went off on one, calling Lansdown a tax dodger who should find the £20 million !:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Even my Dad rang me and said "what the F did you say that for :D:D:D"

Chelsea V West Brom for me on Sat night..

Got a proper soaking at QPR V Port Vale earlier in the week.

Yep i covered the Stevenage v Pompey match Monday night.

Got Leicester v Boro on Saturday.

@Manc - Everytime i have been to QPR i have had a soaking!! think there is a permenant cloud over the place

4,236 at Stevenage

Nice draw for your team Tony!!

Yep i covered the Stevenage v Pompey match Monday night.

Got Leicester v Boro on Saturday.

@Manc - Everytime i have been to QPR i have had a soaking!! think there is a permenant cloud over the place

:D cool James. You lucky wotsit getting to shoot the boro games. Was very strange seeing boro on the tv in a pub!

I covered a few of their games in the Conference last season. Was offered the chance to be the club tog, but didnt want to restrict myself to one team (and they didnt pay!)

I covered a few of their games in the Conference last season. Was offered the chance to be the club tog, but didnt want to restrict myself to one team (and they didnt pay!)

what team?

Nice draw for your team Tony!!

If we cant fill the ground for that then its time to pack it in... Cap is currently just over 4k nd they reduce it for a night match.. away end is 1k

For Stevenage, i spoke to their club tog last season and he said he was packing it in. I registered my interest as at the time i wasnt doing agency work. Press Office contacted me a few months later asking if i still wanted to do the job.

I very much doubt Portsmouth would have paid either given their current state!

For Stevenage

Taking into consideration what your doing now and that you would now be a league tog (one of only 92?) and the doors that would open... did you amke a good or bad decision turning it down?

For me i think i made the right decision. The expectation was to cover 90% of home and away games without any payment for pics or travel. If i was a fan then that may not have been so bad.

Back