Any genuine info on a Nikon D700 replacement yet ?

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
As above really, i'm just wondering is there anything really serious on the horizon, as i'm just about to take the jump to the D700, and if a replacement comes out a month after i'm going to be pretty pizzed off, as this is exactly what happened not long after i bought my D300, so any feedback from anyone in the know would be much appreciated :)

I've been searching and searching for this too. Its funny because I have seen load of things saying it will be launched on tuesday or a weeks time and these were dated march or earlier. My saving has reached £1350 so I need the replacement to be launched soon :)

i think the d700 is a bit new for replacement yet. especially considering it isnt a duff model:shrug:

I reckon it will be October to coincide with the new Sony A800 full frame camera myself.

That would be typical that! Just after I buy a D700, clearly the camera I buy will still be as good as it was when I bought it but it is always a bit of a shame when that happens also if the 700x or whatever is 24mp then it will match my D200 cropped :)

I'm pretty sure a total of 6 models were to be released this year.

D3x
D700
D90
D60
D5000

And I forgot the other...

I'm pretty sure a total of 6 models were to be released this year.

D3x
D700
D90
D60
D5000

And I forgot the other...

I thought the D700 had been out more than a year.

Ah, I have a feeling I might be thinking back to a conversation I had a year sooner than i thought.

I'll get my coat.

I reckon it will be October to coincide with the new Sony A800 full frame camera myself.

Is that an educated guess Pete, or do you have some inside info :D

We'll either see a D700x (but next year for that more than likely), or a D700s with video :puke:

I reckon this year might see a D700s rather than a D700x.

(No inside info!)

I think its far too early to be talking about replacing a superb camera that is'nt a year old personally... a D700x won't replace it. A D700s... well who the hell would buy that?! Video :puke::wacky::puke:

I think its far too early to be talking about replacing a superb camera that is'nt a year old personally

I think your probably right Andy, maybe i should just shut up and bite the bullet and go get one :D, as for video, i can't ever see me needing it on a DSLR, i have a video camera which is only ever used for holidays.

A D700s... well who the hell would buy that?! Video :puke::wacky::puke:

:D well I for one would love a D700 with video, I reckon I'd bin one of the D3's and go back to the D700 as second body if it does get vid (y) A friend has the 5D MK11 and has added a video offering to his PR and corporate photography business which has proved incredibly popular, and with 2.8 glass some of the results he gets are staggering.

I know this isn't necessarily relevant to most of our photographic lives but Dan Chung from the Guardian was banging on about his kit list recently and about how many D700's he has but has to carry round a 5D MK2 converted to accept Nikon lenses as well for the video now expected of him... D700S = Job done :)

IF Nikon can trump the 5D II with better video or some other killer feature, it's worth releasing now. If it's not a Canon eater, might as well wait until D700 sales dry up. It's still a young camera.

Back