Any ideas as to who's house this is?

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
It's about 3/4 of the way up the inside of my garage door.
Its obviously been there awhile looking at the old webs, around it.

Its hard to the touch, almost plastic like.
Real size about 20 mm long and 15 mm at the widest point.

edit, just to add its nothing that has been spilt, the door is always up ( up and over) when I'm in there working.

008.jpg

Last edited:
It looks more "fruit" than "insect".
I'm not sure what you mean by that Paul?

Have you tried to see if there are any entrance/exit points?
It looks totally sealed to me and extremely well stuck, to the metal door.
I'm in too minds whether to prise it it off or not.
Just in case its something "rare"

But also curious enough to drop it in a glass jar, to see what happens.

Last edited:
Is it an old piece of mastic that's dropped off the door frame and hardened? Break off the little piece at the top of the picture to test it.

No! Don’t taste it!

:D

Is it an old piece of mastic that's dropped off the door frame and hardened? Break off the little piece at the top of the picture to test it.
I would tend to agree......that it is building material in origin!

I would tend to agree......that it is building material in origin!

Yes I think the separate 'drip' and runny bit at the top are clues there, if it's natural I can't think of a reason why those would exist.

It does look like some form of sealant overspill. How long has it been there? Have you had any work done in the area recently?

It's not foam its not not mastic no work in that area for about 10 years since the door was replaced.
And then no mastic or foam, was used when it was replaced.
As I said, its a garage door, and no reason to use any form of sealant.

Could be alien slime, dried out in the unfamiliar atmosphere.

Do you have any sings of having been probed?

As it seems that the general consensus is that its "nothing" I'll cut it open later it if screams I know who to blame :D
May be it's a garage fairy? I've heard of them but never seen one, they like moving stuff when your backs turn ;)

May be it's a garage fairy? I've heard of them but never seen one, they like moving stuff when your backs turn ;)
Now that is a very real possibility, given their nature.

As it seems that the general consensus is that its "nothing" I'll cut it open later it if screams I know who to blame :D

So we can expect a John Hurt style chestburster from the snake sometime soon!

Well, after careful dissection with the aid of a no7 scalpel, full PPE and flood lights,
it appears to be a blob expanding foam, but the mystery still remains how it crawled from the "mastic tube shelf", several feet
down the wall, several feet across the floor and 4 feet up the garage door, or indeed how it escaped from the tube anyway.

Well, after careful dissection with the aid of a no7 scalpel, full PPE and flood lights,
it appears to be a blob expanding foam, but the mystery still remains how it crawled from the "mastic tube shelf", several feet
down the wall, several feet across the floor and 4 feet up the garage door, or indeed how it escaped from the tube anyway.
Hope you had the MOD on standby?

Sometimes the obvious answer is the simplest and correct one ;)

It's about 3/4 of the way up the inside of my garage door.
Its obviously been there awhile looking at the old webs, around it.

Its hard to the touch, almost plastic like.
Real size about 20 mm long and 15 mm at the widest point.

edit, just to add its nothing that has been spilt, the door is always up ( up and over) when I'm in there working.

View attachment 341446
try posting on the bug guide?

You ARE old though... :p

IIRC, my electric razor is one of his - unused for the last 30 something years (on the very rare occasions the beard's been right off, it's been wet shaved.)

Back