Any Jessops Bargains?

Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as there'll be quite a few stores closing at the end of the month has anyone spotted any clearance sales at the doomed branches?

As they are mostly closing at month end im going through to the Glasgow stores next week to see if the sales have started or not.Wonder if they will have any decent long Nikon lenses they dont want.Im still looking for a Nikon 400 f2.8 or Nikon 300 2.8, smehow dont think these will be on the list but i can live and hope.

I was in the main store in Sauchiehall St recently and they only had one or two Nikon "Pro" lenses and a handful of Canon L, compared with the two full cabinets of gear they had downstairs previously.

When the last lot of shops closed they were run in their last few weeks by a separate company who were handling the clearance stocks. Judging by how quickly the EK shop closed I'd doubt there'll be anything like that again, but you never know....

Jessops closing down?

News to me, have you got a list of which ones are closing?

Theres a jessops at the fort???
Never saw that the last time I was there...
So any bargins or have the stock been shifted to the other stores that havent been closed down?

just looked at the list and, one of the stores is reading duke st. its been closed for bloody months!!!!:wacky::shake:

News to me, have you got a list of which ones are closing?

Whilst you were sleeping :D

From AP site.

Wednesday 11th February 2009
Chris Cheesman

Jessops has released the list of 17 stores due for closure by the end of February.

The doomed stores are located in: Glasgow, East Kilbride, Ayr, Glasgow (Union Street), Barrow, Wigan, Denton, Newport, Aberystwyth, Arbroath, Stonehaven, Aberdeen, Elgin, Glasgow (Byres), Dunfermline, Helensburgh and Kirkcaldy.

Chairman David Adams said that these shops were not financially viable.

The closures are expected to result in the loss of around 130 jobs.

Worthing shop is not on the list but they have minimal stock it seems, the window is almost empty, and cabinets have gaps in them......

I would think that anything worth having would find it's way to another store though?
Most of the stock will probably be reallocated to those stores that need it most or just sent back to the warehouse for mail-order sales.

There might be a few display model bargains on offer. I doubt it'll be anything nice though.

Hmm I used to use the byres road one quite a lot, and before when it was photo box or camera box or whatever it was called.

Any recommendations for other photo processing shops around the west end. I can never be bothered going right into town such a hassle parking etc.

Any recommendations for other photo processing shops around the west end. I can never be bothered going right into town such a hassle parking etc.

They have buses in the West End right? Yeah. :bang: Or do the West End folk not like mingling with the plebeians?

Sorry. West end to me between clydebank and byres road. I don't do buses in Glasgow. Actually, I don't do buses.

Yeah. But it doesn't go between clydebank and dalmarnock, which my car does. Byres road was really handy to pop into, park outside the photo shop, get my films and continue on my way home. ---- Was just wondering if anybody had recommendations for a similary located shop. There used to be a small photo shop on dumbarton road but it shut down 3 years ago. They all seem to be dissapperaing. There seems to be a lot of Glasgow people here, I just thought maybe someone would have an idea. Or do we all just use supermarkets these days?

Partculary somewhere that'll develop and give my high quality scans on a cd would be nice.

Most of the stock will probably be reallocated to those stores that need it most or just sent back to the warehouse for mail-order sales.

Yeah - probably become old stock sold at new stock prices.

I have just seen on an industry website forum , that Jessops have closed are closing 20 stores since the start of the year, apparently some were coming to the end of their lease, and some were not returning a profit.

I was in the larger of the 2 Glasgow stores today and the assistant stated there was a sale starting on Mon.

They'll be getting all the junk stock from Byres Rd and Union St. The Byres Rd store has the non-vr 55-200 at £180 and the Sb-600 at just shy of £300, so even if they take 50% off prices like that the stuff will still be expensive

I'm surprised the one in burton on trent hasn't been axed, helpful staff but it's the smallest jessops I've ever seen and has bugger all stock.

Back