Any knife/weapons collectors on here?

Take a look at the Victorinox Swiss Army Knives. There are quite a few slim, lightweight, ones in the range that don't have all the tools that makes the larger knives heavy and bulky for EDC. Heinnie Haynes and Amazon stock them, cheap, and decent quality. I've got a couple of SAKs, and often carry the 'Waiter' knife in the UK. More than adequate for opening boxes etc.

Good point Martyn..another alternative is the lansky uk legal knife,beffy bit of kit and well made.I have one and its great knife

Very happy! Just had my Victorinox cyberlite delivered.Fantastic bit of kit.Really well made and blades are razor sharp.It was probably the only swiss army knife that I could genuinely find uses for all of the tools.The led torch is also pretty good for what it is.

Santa brought two Damascus knives and a wee one.

GearBest sent me the same WRONG knife yet again!

Photos Manyana!

I hope they're not making you send them back?

I've gone a bit overboard for Christmas, I've seven in total on the way from Gearbest in three different packages plus another two from HH.

HH are doing 10% discount just now, code SAD10SANTA

Cheers for that code mate may go treat myself!! Fancy a spyderco PITS or friction folder

Last edited:
Says code isnt valid mate
(sorted had to type it in manually)

Last edited:
Gifts from Santa.......

The first Damascus one wasn't very sharp at all, which showed me how good that Lansky sharpener really is!

What's the quality like on the True Utility? I've developed a thing for short stubby knives :)

What's the quality like on the True Utility? I've developed a thing for short stubby knives :)

I'm quite impressed so far, feels chunky, screws etc are all nicely fitted, the blade is well seated and fairly sharp out of the box.

I did have to take the clip thingy off because it felt wrong when you were holding it.

It cost £12.99 but reckon it would be around £4 or £5 if you could get it from GearBest.

Well I am yet to hit the buy button at HH for either a spyderco pits or friction folder! just cannot decide which to get.Have also seen a few nice bokers in same price range.Got to get something as cant let that 10% discount code go to waste..lol:beer:

That is some price for that friction folder though!

Go with the Boker, I know folk rave about Spyderco but I find them plain ugly.

Yeah friction folder is expensive but do like it the PITS is even nicer imo. Like the look of the boker plus vox as well, decisions!!

Looks kind of like a folding bowie.

Two of the seven arrived today from Heinnie. It will teach me to read the specs before buying, the Magnum Bulldog is twice the size I assumed it to be, very big and bulky, only 1cm shorter than the Ganzo G720 and much the same blade thickness. The smaller knife is the CRKT Burnley Squid, a different deal altogether, while the Magnums action is a bit rough and ready the CRKT is smooth as a baby's bottom. I like them both but not sure I'll ever carry the Bulldog.

squidbulldog.jpg

Wee one looks rather nice but not sure about the blade shape on the big one.

Are they both locking ones?

Last edited:
Yes both locking, I reckon I could chop a tree down with the Bulldog :)

Try white lithium grease if you want to smooth up the Magnum. Lube the action and work it a few hundred times - you can do this while you're watching TV or whatever - and it should make a big difference.

Cheers I've got some of that. The washers are nylon I think but I might change them for bronze ones just because :)

Ive just found my Kershaw Knife with pouch and Maglight I bout from Snap On man 30 years ago.......sweet.! put batteries in the Mag Light and it works..Bonus

Its a lock knife, so I suppose illegal now to gave on your persons....unless you are out in the wilderness..

Few pics of some of the recent additions these first two are sanrenmu top one is uk legal carry.Both razor sharp!

Then added a cold steel kudu ratchet knife,very cheap also but very strong and takes a great edge.Good work horse.

..and lastly my Victorinox cyberlite tool.Very nice quality with loads of handy tools on it.This goes everywhere with me.

Cold steel kudu in this pic sorry duplicated first image..

Last edited:
I quite like the look of number two there, not keen on the top one though.

My Boda knives turned up yesterday, I'm not that impressed with the finish though they are sharp enough. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Back