Any knife/weapons collectors on here?

What like is the build quality on that, Stuart?

Not bad at all mate the blade is rough and ready but thats part of the appeal for me.Quite like the friction folder part and at least I will see it in grass if I drop it when fishing lol..Excuse the dark pics have uploaded wrong ones :confused:

I've been tempted by the Svord a number of times, never clicked the buy button yet though :)

You reminded me I've yet to post pics of my Christmas presents to myself :)

Initially I wasn't impressed with the Boda knives but the longer I have them the more I get to like them, there are issues with the wood scales not quite meeting the bolster on the big one but the middle Sanrenmu is worse if anything. The bottom pic is the Enlan M027 I bought a while ago and above its big brother the EL-05, almost identical blade shape, bit bigger and different opening assist. All sharp as needs be, oddly no nail nick or other opening assistance on the Bodas or the wood Sanrenmu.

bodabig.jpg bodasmall.jpg sanrenmu3.jpg enlans.jpg

Last edited:
Nice treat Hugh really like that first one,very nice.How do you like the grey metal sanrenmu with axis lock,I have it and find it really nice to use once lock frees up a bit it can be opened very fast.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see the quality of your Magnum, my Bulldog is a disappointment, blade waggle and the liner lock has a habit of jamming across the far side of the blade.

Nice treat Hugh really like that first one,very nice.How do you like the grey metal sanrenmu with axis lock,I have it and find it really nice to use once lock frees up a bit it can be opened very fast.

Great, very handy bottle opener too :D

To borrow a line from Roy Scheider, "I think I'm gonna need a bigger box!" biggerbox.jpg

I like the Boda and that wee Enlan looks smart too!

A gentleman's folder, the Karesuando Nallo. Comes in a nice presentation box and with a separate leather belt pouch.

nallo1.jpg
Against my now well used Boker TechTool for size comparison. I'm a little disappointed that it's got some scratches on the bolster but I think I may be able polish them out, they're not deep.
nallo2.jpg
Close up of the inlay
nallo4.jpg

Yep though you have to search for it and they have no pictures. There's a video on Youtube of the Nallo and the bigger Singi.

Now that is very smart indeed, Hugh!

Hope the scuffs polish out.

Think I watched the video yesterday you refer to.Its a lovely knife but I would ask for an exchange if it was scuffed.I had a cold steel espada from them that was scuffed and scratched and they exchanged it no problems at all,they are great company to deal with.

After a clean up it looks much better, still scratched but I'm going to have a go at fixing it myself, it'll be good practise :)

Not sure of the tyre tracks on the dear one.

That Minos is some seriously chunky chit! but I do like Boker as a make.

My magnum waves arrived today...very impressed.Lock up is solid no blade play built like a tank and came pretty sharp out the box.For the money its a bargain knife.The flipper works really well which I had read could be stiff at first but mines fine.Blade is ever so slightly off centre but not enough to concern me.

How comfy is the handle because it looks pretty deeply indented?

Its very comfy mate but the jimping on the finger choil and liner lock is quite "sharp" but easy enough to adjust your grip so it is more comfortable.Overall its very nice to hold though.

Although not strictly a knife as such, it is closely related. Does anyone know of any good places to look for Kamisori? (Japanese straight razors).

Back