Any knife/weapons collectors on here?

Picked mine up this morning..pretty impressed tbh for the money this cost! No loose screws on mine and blade is centered perfectly.Didnt come very sharp but spent ten mins on it and its hair shaving sharp now.Lubricated with some 3 in 1 oil and also stropped with some paste.Nice chunky grip and decent lock up as well.Just a few pics with my phone for now.

Still need some work, more sanding and some more sanding. This is mahogany treated 3 times with linseed oil and then 3 times with neutral Danish oil. It's not as smooth as I'd like hence the need for more sanding but it looks nice when it catches the light right :) The old green scale is there for reference.
rightsideganzo720.jpg handleganzo720.jpg

I redid the G720 and it's shiny as a shiny thing now :)

Also replaced the green scales on my Boker Tech Tool 2 with some wood that came off an old bread bin :LOL:

bokerscales.jpg

bokerwood1.jpg

bokerwood2.jpg

Nope :( but if it's going to arrive it should be this week (he said hopefully)

I've actually got two orders in with GB, both dispatched but by different routes. The second is kinda tracked and says British Express on the order but the photo shows Royal Mail Tracked 48 label. RM have no record but I've been able to follow it on one world express tracking (others experience says this type takes about 6-7 days). The original order was just bog standard china Post untracked which can be they say anything from 10 to 25 days, currently on day 16.

Ah ok..looking forward to seeing how you get on as fasttechs 60 days delivery is a no no for me but could stomach 25 days from gearbest if they fulfill it. Failing that looks like HH will be be taking my money and costing me a fortune lol

The thing with GB is you can choose to pay a little extra and get faster tracked delivery. One of my concerns with them is the amount of time it takes to actually dispatch an order, the last one was dispatched 7 days after paypal paid them.

Tbh fasttech took almost a week to dispatch on my orders. Hope they are OK as getting a strong urge to buy the new spyderco friction folder at hh but it's almost £200!!!

I saw that on the blades forum, somebody actually ordered one. I'm not a fan of the Spyderco blade style but even if I was it would have to be pretty special to pay that price.

yep well over priced IMO for what you get vg10 steel and basic structure but really like it for some reason may even sell my espada medium to fund it

GB order no.2 arrived at heathrow this afternoon, that's the one sent via British Express.

It arrived this morning, incomplete. I guess we get to see how good GB aftersale service is :(

/Edit - an hour later and the missing items have been dispatched using the same method so should be here in about a week. Quite impressed with that.

Last edited:
Succumbed to temptation and ordered a couple of Sanrenmu knives from GearBest yesterday.

Sorry this Chrome crap doesn't half make it hard to correct things!

Last edited:
2nd Fasttech order arrived today (no sharp things, just some tools) via untracked Singapore post, fourteen days is good, Gearbest untracked order still out there somewhere after three weeks.

Nice one Hugh..I placed an order at weekend with gearbest with tracked postage so be interesting to see when the knives turn up.

So are they airsoft guns?

I am no expert, but they could all be airsoft - however.

The second one down from the top looks as though it could be fullbore (possibly .50 calibre), although the magazine suggests otherwise.
The bottom one looks as though it could be 7.62
The top one, if it is not airsoft, looks as though it could be .50 calibre sniper's rifle - particularly with the scope and the suppressor.

Similar situation, i've got orders posted on the 14, 15 and 24th of last month and still on their way.

Mine ordered 26th Sept and it seems they will post them in 3 to 5 days!:mad:

Finally after 10 days or so and several messages they have shipped my knives..not the best service considering they say its done in 3-5 days.Interesting to say if it turns up within the maximum 25 days they quoted.Dont think I will use them again tbh

Yup, I think the trick with them is to pay a little extra to get tracked delivery, doesn't make them any quicker but at least you can follow it.

I tried to order from fasttech the other day but the only delivery option was EMS at $30, more than the value of the order.

Finally after 10 days or so and several messages they have shipped my knives..not the best service considering they say its done in 3-5 days.Interesting to say if it turns up within the maximum 25 days they quoted.Dont think I will use them again tbh
Mine are now one month and counting from actual dispatch. I have a ticket open with them regarding it as normally it takes a week or two from China / HK (order a lot of eBay stuff :D). Three weeks is rare, a month never had that before.

I too got an email today saying shipped, wonder whose will arrive first?

Doubt if I will use them again either.

Yeah very frustrating although they replied tpo the ticket very quick and next day it as shipped! Such a shame fasttech cant do it anymore like they used to..no way am I paying the $30 option as that dfeats the object,shame really

Gearbest say 25-50 days for their basic free delivery, still two weeks away from that on my untracked order.

Well if it took them 18 days to post them on the pigeon, I might get them for Christmas:(

I have a French bayonet sword dated 1883

I wouldn't fancy being on the wrong end of it?, can't have been a pleasant death

Dont recommend the tracking service unless fluent in chinese! lol:D
Tracking Information
  • 2015-10-14 22:51:00离开,下一站【深圳中心】 小包中心
  • 2015-10-14 16:30:00已收寄 小包中心
  • 2015-10-14 11:27:00电子信息已收到

Back