Any mobile phone "gurus" able to help?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have the SE K800i & have tried TWO bluetooth "in car" handsfree kits so far with no success ...
Both come from Carphone Warehouse as I wanted to be able to discuss any problems & return if necessary ...

Visor-Lite: Pairing & recognition no problem but the Accept Call button on the unit had to be pressed to accept an incoming call (i.e. could not get incoming calls answered automatically) - I went back to CW & they tried my unit (and another new one) but could not get the unit / phone to answer automatically :bang: ("some sort of incompatability issue between the unit & the SE phone" they said)

So I decided to try SE's own bit of in car handsfree kit
HCB-100: & basically the same problem - pairs OK but incoming calls not picked up automatically despite the phone being setup to do so ...

So my question is does anyone know of an in car handsfree bluetooth unit that DEFINATELY works with my SE K800i (?) or has managed to get either of the above working with a K800i (?)

Hope you can help ... Paul (y)

I have a Nokia CK-W7 bluetooth car kit and it works with my K800i. That said, it doesn't work all the time - its really hit and miss! Seems a common thing with the K800's from my experience.

My new focus I pick up next week has advanced bluetooh with the car and this aparently has a few compatibility issues but it works fine with my SE k800i HTH

i have just bought a Parrot 3200 LS car kit but havent fitted it yet, its supposed to be compatible with a large number of phone manufacturers, and is flash upgradeable too, hoping to have it installed this weekend if all my bits turn up lol ive got a W880 so will let you know !

Can't offer much help, but my W800i never worked properly with my Jabra handsfree. When I upgraded, I went back to Nokia and have been happy since.
I've never tried the automatic answering feature - will give it a go if i get 5 minutes in the office tomorrow.

My new focus I pick up next week has advanced bluetooh with the car and this aparently has a few compatibility issues but it works fine with my SE k800i HTH

advanced.......:clap: tell me another one :D

It'll work fine with Nokia stuff as it's nokia's hardware, functionality with non nokia stuff can be flaky at best and downright annoying at worst.

I have a motorola kit in my focus and it's been good tbh :LOL:

i did give it a try and it seemed ok, what focus du have df?

Now, I admit to a bit of naivety at times, but .... I thought bluetooth was a 'standard' :shrug:

Why should there be a case of it not working or being incompatable?

Now, I admit to a bit of naivety at times, but .... I thought bluetooth was a 'standard' :shrug:

Why should there be a case of it not working or being incompatable?

Glad its not just me then :bang: - What really rankles (sp?) is the K800i not working with SE's own device :bat: - I have emailed them & await their reply :rules:
Not a happy camper :wave: - Paul
PS - My better half / significant other / the missus etc is bringing home a Nokia for me to try today

I've got the 750i, works perfectly with the Jabra kit I've got. My mate's, however, doesn't and it's identical kit :shrug:

Quick update - Just tried some manky looking Nokia POS phone the wife borrowed from the office - it paired & answered automatically first go! (with the SE unit :bang:)
I have been told (elsewhere) to try a Firmware update & to get the Vodafone software off the phone & then it should work - not sure if I can be @rsed with all that might just sell the phone on & get one that works handsfree / automatic ... Paul ;)

what focus du have df?

current hack is a 2.0 Tdci ghia as I wanted the air conditioned glove box and cruise.

it'll probably be up for sale soon, 2.6k miles on it now.....yes the mileage is right :LOL:

It is a standard for wireless connection, unfortunately that didn't extend to functionality between brands.
Samsung are one of the worst offenders in my experience.

i installed the Parrot 3200 LS Colour today, it works absolutely brilliantly with my SE W880i havent tried auto answer on it yet, but it has a huge green answer button on it and that works no worries ! transferred the phones address book over without me even doing anything once it was paired !

Quick update - SE Customer Services advise me that their HCB-100 in conjunction with their K800i will NOT do what I want i.e. the phone rings & gets answered automatically - When I told them it worked perfectly with a crappy old Nokia there was a deathly silence followed by a single gunshot :LOL: (only kidding - I wish!)
Anyway decision now is whether to keep the K800i which is only 2 months old or keep it & live with a handsfree that isnt really :bonk:
Paul ;)

Back