Any Netflix users on here ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Was wondering if there were any Netflix users on here ?

I've just been looking on their site and wondered if anyone had any comments, good or bad regarding Netflix ?

Thanks

Marking place, no 1 son asked mento subscribe to this yesterday.
I love American crime drama, law and order, criminal minds, the metalist but I haven't had a chance to look at their site yet

I tried it out with the £15 quidco offer. It was okay but I don't use it very much. Nothing there really tickled my fancy although I have seen a few good movies for example pulp fiction, and a few episode of Dexter.

My broadband speed is usually around 0.9MBps and BBC iPlayer generally stops and starts. I was very surprised to find that Netflix streamed with no problems at all - even with other people in the house using the bandwidth.

The problem for me is that there is not a big enough selection of films to watch.

I have already seen all the movies of interest. It is great to have some of the US series available. But if they don't expand their library I will probably drop my subscription in March.

I use it on my iPhone (over 3G) and my Xbox & iPad2 (over wifi) and I love it. The library could be bigger but that'll come with time!

Hi,

UK Netflix waste of time, try the 30 days trial by all means but I think most users will cancel right away ;)

Mike.

For me it is lack of current content that puts me off.

For me it is lack of current content that puts me off.

Ditto ;)

Well worth it for the 30 day trial and £15 cashback via Quidco but you can watch all you want to watch in those 30 days easily ;)

Mike.

would you have to use a VPN?

It is DNS. It's very easy and opens up a lot more content. I don't even think it's in any way 'dodgy' either as it's quite common knowledge and nothing has been done to patch it up which would be very easy for Netflix to do.

Ditto ;)

Well worth it for the 30 day trial and £15 cashback via Quidco but you can watch all you want to watch in those 30 days easily ;)

Mike.

The £15 was nice, but as said, not a great selection. I've already seen everything on it that took my fancy and only two weeks into the trial :)

I looked at the BT Vision thing and got put off when one of their highlights for the week was the 1989 Christmas special of Only fools and horses.

I'm trying it now, and like everyone else have been disappointed by the UK selection. However, 2 seconds work and you have access to a huge range of films and documentaries through the US side. It gets a huge thumbs up from me, althougb if they do patch it so you can view the US content, that would quickly change

I was looking at netflix. Nothing worth watching that I hadn't already seen. Quite a bit of stuff available on 4od from Channel 4 for free.

I already use google's dns so would I get the larger listing from netflix straight off?

I did the trial and while the image quality and interface are good the uk selection is pretty limited. I'm surprised all you need to do to get us content is a DNS change. I'll give that a try.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found I could watch Die Hard online with a simple DNS change, only problem I found was the web in general and especially buffering was painfully slow on the US DNS. Bad connection in general and bad timing or should I be looking for East coast DNS? The only eastern ones I could find were locked down college/uni ones :(

Never had a buffer/speed/picture issue using the DNS settings change on PS3. Via mac I have tried a lot of free VPN/Proxy servers struggle. For how often I'd use Mac or an mobile device it isn't really worth me paying for a more reliable service.

Just struggle along with limited UK content when not at home

Back