Any of you use a Bridge camera as you main camera ?

This might be a re-do of an earlier post but didn'tr find it. I carry my panosonic Lumix every where I go now. Finally got to take a few photo's with it! Haven't a clue how most thing's work on it. Rides in a small pouch on my belt and for the most part I get just as good photo's as I do with my Nikon 7000! When I might be seen taking photo's I take along my Nikon to look knowledgable, in fact I don't know how to do that much with it either but it is heavier and awkward to carry around. If I was rich I'h carry around a Lieca point and shoot. Everyone could see it and impressive to be using a $5000 point and shoot! I shoot photo's for myself and number of friend's have some. I do not delude myself that my photo's are special to anyone but me! But I don't like carrying around a bulky awkward camera either. I strongly suspect that something like a bridge camera, never shot one, could take photo's that would suit me just fine. But if I were trying to make money off photography I'd carry my point and shoot and on special shots expect to go back later with my Nikon. Biggest thing I found out about picture's is I tried to get longer lens's to get farther off photo's. What I found out is my kill level really isn't up to par with the longer lens's. That was a good point of my Panosonic. The lens gives me 25-250mm and I've found out it works fine for me. If I need more lens for what I shoot, I just need to walk away or get closer! Lot of the P&S camera's have very long zooms on them, had a few before this Panosonic and the long zoom's never gave me a photo I really liked. That 25-250 workd fine. Speaking of lond lesne's, on my Nikon My primary lens is an 18-200mm Tamron. I suppose there are more costly 18-200's out there but this Tamron was inexpensive and I could afford it. More importantly I get photo's with it that satify me. Most carried camera, by far my Panosonic at this point and Have a photo or two I blew up to 12x24 with it that satify's me very well! I think the reason is the lens is not longer than I really need. This is a photo I did with that point and shoot and blew up to 8x24.

1694105574213.jpeg

Last edited:
Back