Any Olympus owners hiding here?

Yep here to OM4, E20 and E3

I have an OM10 (recent acquistion) - looking to get an OM2,3 or 4 and a Trip in the near future!

I've got an OM10, its my only non Nikon that I actually use. I also have a Practica MLT5b but to be honestI have no interest in that at all.

I (used to be) a diehard Olympus-a-holic - dunno if that counts (?)
Then, one day, some little lowlife skank came and nicked all my gear.
My first SLR was a Praktica LLC, and I used to lust after Nikon gear in mag ad's (which I couldn't afford).
Strangely, when the insurance paid out, I fancied a change and went for a Canon EOS5.
I've been a Canon user ever since.
I do, however, still have a Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 in the cupboard somewhere.

Yep we use the e520s every day. The do the job for what we need, but I wouldn't want to use it for weddings.

I used to have a Trip 35, then a RD, then OM 1 and eventually a s/h OM 4. :love:

When I decided to move to a DSLR, the Oly offerings didn't seem that good and I opted for Nikon. A couple of years later things had changed and when my OH finally went digital he got an E-410. He's delighted with it and I am very impressed (and sometimes envious of its small size). He recently treated himself to the 12-60 which is stunning.

I still have my OMs, though goodness knows if I will use them again.

I have an Olympus e520....

An unexpected windfall last year left me in a position to be able to afford my first DSLR. I thought about Nikon...I thought about Canon...I could have afforded the top of the range on both...I spent several weeks dithering over what to buy.

In the end I went with the one that simply felt right! I tried all of them, but the Olympus ticked all the right boxes. One year later, I have no regrets (and I had money left over!)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love my Olly! I've got a camera that I love (and more importantly use!)...

It may not be suitable for pro use, but for what I want, it's perfect!

I'm still very new to this, and I know my camera has its limitations, but I've learned to work round them.

Janet

Yup, another e520 here, also an e410 and a om1n.
Only shoot digital now, so om1n and lenses in storage, except 50mm 1.8 which i use on the e410 for macro.

Hiya ,:)I have just bought a E520 ,at the moment its only limitations seem to be me .:eek:,;)

I have an Olympus e520....

It may not be suitable for pro use, but for what I want, it's perfect!

Janet

The true definition of a pro camera is one that is used by a pro. I know a pro who regularly still uses an E-510 alongside his E-3. :)

Over the years I've owned two OM1's, OM2, OM4t, OM4Ti. I eventually moved to a Bronica MF system (which I've still got) but returned to Olympus when I decided the time was right to embrace digital. My first DSLR was an E-500 which was passed to my wife when I bought an E-510. Now my daughter has the E-500, my wife the E-510 and I have an E-3.

I know we're in the minority and it sometimes seems we're all alone in the wilderness, but I like to think of my E-3 as a secret weapon that gives me the edge! Do I really want everybody to know how good it is? :D

ex uzi owner as per avatar... the much acclaimed olympus c2100 uz .... I thought i would never need another camera when I had this :)

<------------------ :D

I love my Oly e-410 with an old Cosina 50mm on it. Favourite thing.
We also use our Oly e-600 loads with its excellent 40-150 kit lens.
Lumix G1 gets plenty of use too : any old wierd lenses.
Sony alpha-450 is here for a while, great with Minolta 50mm AF lens. Less so with Sony kit and old Tamron lenses.
My compact is a tiny Canon : excellent.

OM2n that I put a roll through a week or so ago. Tons of kit...

One Moment of the World vol 1 (208pp)
One Moment of the World vol 2 (212pp)
The OM System Lens Handbook (210pp)
Macrophoto Group Brochure C91E-481D
OM Flashphoto Group Brochure C90E-0184D
OM Motordrive Group Brochure C88E-184D
OM System Brochure - German
OM System Brochure - German
OM System Brochure C21E-0484D
OM System Brochure C98E-783D
OM-1n OM-2n Brochure C15E-879D
OM-2n Brochure C83E-181D
Zuiko Interchangeable Lens Group Brochure C14E-D80D
Zuiko Lens Group Brochure C89E-282D
Accessory Shoe 4 (Hotshoe)
OM2n - Chrome
XA2
Semi hard Case OM-2n
Eye cup
Eye cup
A16 (for XA2)
Electronic Flash T32
Electronic Flash T32
Grip Strap (Power Bounce 2)
Power Bounce Grip 2
T32 Filter Folder
T32 Filter ND4
T32 Filter ND4
T32 Filter ND8
T32 Filter ND8
T32 Filter wide 21
TTL Auto Connector 4 (Hotshoe)
TTL Auto Cord 0.3m
TTL Auto Cord 2m
TTL Auto Cord 5m
TTL Auto Cord 5m
TTL Auto Multi Connector
TTL Auto Multi Connector
24mm F2.8
35 ~ 70mm F4
49mm Polarizing Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
50mm F1.4
55mm Skylight Filter
75 ~ 150mm F4
85mm F2
Lens Case - 24mm
Lens Case - 75 ~ 150mm
Lens Case - 85mm
Lens Hood 24mm
Lens Hood 35 ~ 70mm
Lens hood 85mm
Lens pouch - 35 ~ 70mm
Lens pouch - 35 ~ 70mm
Lens pouch - 35 ~ 70mm
Electronic Flash T32
Flashphoto Group Manual
Motordrive Group Manual
OM2n at a glance Manual
OM2n Manual
Power Bounce Grip 2 Manual
Winder 2 Manual
Zuiko Interchangeable Lens Group Manual
Connection Auto Cord winder - bounce grip
Grip Strap (winder 2)
Remote cord 1.2m
Winder 2
The Olympus OM Way; L Andrew Mannheim

oh by the way what are the e3's like kinda toying with the idea at the moment:thinking:

Only thing I dislike about mine is the focus tracking could be better. Oh and the eye cup has a habit of just falling off when I squeeze it into the rucksack but thankfully I never lose it outside the bag :)

You may want to toy with the idea a little longer and resist pulling the trigger as Olympus are rumoured to be announcing its replacement at Photokina at the end of September. How close to being released that model will be is also not known. You will get used to not knowing what's going on and perpetual rumours with Olympus :)

Only thing I dislike about mine is the focus tracking could be better.

Oh, I don't think it is too bad.....

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

All with the E-3 and 70-300mm. :)

These things shift a bit, too.

First, panning side on.......

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Then travelling towards you out of a bend.....

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Once again, E-3 with 70-300mm.

The E-3 is also pretty good at high ISO......

ISO 1600

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

ISO 3200

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

ISO 3200

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Oh, I don't think it is too bad.....

Looks like we have been visiting the same places ...

sam.jpg

otto.jpg

The CAF can work but I swear to get that falcon took 70+ shots. The owl was easier as they fly so slow, which is why I made it harder for myself by trying to get blur in the wings. As you can see it flew so slow I panned too fast and took it out of frame ;)

Looks like we have been visiting the same places ...

sam.jpg

otto.jpg

The CAF can work but I swear to get that falcon took 70+ shots. The owl was easier as they fly so slow, which is why I made it harder for myself by trying to get blur in the wings. As you can see it flew so slow I panned too fast and took it out of frame ;)

Yes, the Raptor Foundation, St Ives makes a great day out. Doesn't that falcon shift? - It took me about 70 shots to even get it in the frame! That's a couple of cracking shots you have there, I particularly like the panned impression of speed with the falcon - I was playing safe at 1/1600th sec. :)

Hi.
I still have my Olympus C750 Ultra Zoom.
I really did want a Nikon, Canon or Pentax DSLR. After handling them all though I chose the Olympus E500 which I later upgraded to the
E520 and now have the E620.

Yes, the Raptor Foundation, St Ives makes a great day out. Doesn't that falcon shift? - It took me about 70 shots to even get it in the frame! That's a couple of cracking shots you have there, I particularly like the panned impression of speed with the falcon - I was playing safe at 1/1600th sec. :)

Due to it's speed 1/1600th was probably best for the falcon although I was struggling to achieve that due to it being really dark due to raining hard. In the end I switched to aperture priority and tried panning.
The owl was a pure fluke as I obviously was not keeping an eye on the shutter speed for that one. 1/100 sec is not something I would be aiming for :)

Last edited:
Another Oly owner here, my first DSLR was an E-510, I then moved to Pentax for a while (K-20 followed by a K-7).
I'm now back with Oly and an E-30 and really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to the rumoured release of the E-5 for weather and dust sealing to compliment my lenses;)

Another Oly owner here, my first DSLR was an E-510, I then moved to Pentax for a while (K-20 followed by a K-7).
I'm now back with Oly and an E-30 and really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to the rumoured release of the E-5 for weather and dust sealing to compliment my lenses;)

Hello Huw, good to see you here. You know me as "Zuiko" on E-System User Group - "golden light" is the nearest you can get to an English translation. :)

Hello Huw, good to see you here. You know me as "Zuiko" on E-System User Group - "golden light" is the nearest you can get to an English translation. :)

Hi John, yes I had a hunch that 'goldenlight' might have been your good self :)
Nice to see a few other Olympus users here.

Back