Any Olympus owners hiding here?

I have an OM1, OM2, OM40, Zuiko 24mm, 2x50mm 135mm a Siggy 24mm a Vivitar 45-205 f4, and an E510 with 24-42 and 40-150, metz 48Af flash, 2XT32's 2Xt20's a power grip for the e510 and other assorted stuff. Do I like Olympus? Yes I do!

Recently upgraded my e420 for an e620. In-body I.S. :) I have the grip but it was an impulse buy at around £50. The extra weight sort of takes away from one of the main points of the e-cameras, small and light! Fair to say it doesn't get used much. Also using an OM10, manual adapter and Winder2. Though the winder's maybe not such a good idea in continuous mode! The Zuiko OM lenses moonlight on my e620 from time-to-time.

Still got my Olympus equipment but not getting much use at the moment primarily the E-3, 12-60mm, 50-200mm, 50mm, 7-14mm and 35-100mm. Extremely durable camera and excellent lenses, just a shame about the AF.

John

Have had Trip 35, Another Plastic trip, C170 digi, C4000Z, C5050Z, E520, OM101, OM10 & OM30.

I now use panasonic for digital and OM30 for film, though I plan to get an. M.Zuiko 9-18 for the panny. The OM zuikos I use on both.

I've had E400 E510 but now I use the E620/600 type.

Great little cameras, frightningly configurable. Very nice lenses. No complaints really :)

Pete

Hi everyone,
Its my first post ever on this forum. I'm a proud owner of e620 with the both kit lenses and anxiously waiting for my 70-300mm telephoto to get shipped.
I'm relative new to dslr but I'm picking up fast as I experiment a lot and keep reading stuff online. Would happy to hear from you guys to make this a good conducive learning experience.

I've got a trip, xz-1, e-620, HLD-5 (Cheers Park Cameras!), 12-60mm. A leftover Zuiko 50mm from my film days with an adapter for when I'm feeling playful.

And a 7D plus 24-105mm, 60mm macro.

The 620 gets used a lot more;- the 620 makes me smile whilst the 7D is better for self defense.

The 14-42mm kit lens beats the 18-55mm for IQ, by the way.

I suppose that one day the Canon will be used more than the Olympus unless the maturing m. 4/3rds range eventually sees the 7D on eBay, who knows.

I have an E-620 but started with an OM10 then got an OM 2SP which was brilliant and my first DSLR was an E-410 twin lens kit for £289

I still have my OM1 which I bought second hand in the mid eighties and still works fine.

The 14-42mm kit lens beats the 18-55mm for IQ, by the way.

By quite a long way, actually - although I have heard that the latest 18-55 isn't quite such a milk bottle...:LOL:

Hi Colin. (y)

I love my E-P1. Lots of fun to be had with legacy lenses, tried 'em all, sold most of them but liking the little Jupiter-8 and just bought an Zuiko 50mm f1.4 and plan to stick with it.

I love my E-P1. Lots of fun to be had with legacy lenses, tried 'em all, sold most of them but liking the little Jupiter-8 and just bought an Zuiko 50mm f1.4 and plan to stick with it.

Glad you're getting good use from some older legacy lenses, it's a real feature of Micro Four Thirds. :)

Good to see a few more Oly users picking up the thread (y)

I've recently ordered the XZ-1 and it'll hopefully be delivered tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it, even more than when I got my 7D. Not sure why. I have high hopes for the camera.

yes love my e3 hwever also bought canon this year

still love my oly

Yup, getting to grips with an E410. Used to have a compact film μ (mju) many years ago as well.

I've recently ordered the XZ-1 and it'll hopefully be delivered tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it, even more than when I got my 7D. Not sure why. I have high hopes for the camera.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I still love mine :)

I also have an OM2SP, an OM4T and a bunch of lenses, though I'm thinking of selling those soon as part of a kit rationalisation exercise. Now I've had the T90 sorted and have started playing with film rangefinders, I'm hardly touching the OM SLRs.

OM1,OM1n.Olympus Pen-D,Olympus EE.Olympus E500.Really no need to upgrade to any other cameras ,film or digital.

V

Glad I found this thread, was beginning to think I was the last Olly user on the earth :D

I have a E500 with a small selection of lens. Twin pack standard zoom lens and a couple of OM prime lens (which I prefer to use if I am honest).

3 Months in and I love my Olympus, it does struggle with low light but compared to a few Nikons and Canons I have tried from friends, this feels more solid and has a decent grip for my rather large hands. I have found it easy to learn all of the manual settings and reallt please with some the pics I have so far achieved. Just glad I am not a loner on here now

I bought the Oly XZ1 the other day for my missus... She's the only person using it as I got myself Canon's 5d mk2 soon after :)

I love my zx-1 and it seems to do most things my E30 does so I always have it with me. The e30 being used with the longer and wider lenses. I also love how the cable remote and flashes I have can be used with both, and wirelessly if I want.

I am new to photography, I bought a second hand E520 and a beautiful 14-54mm lens, remote triggers, polarisers, memory cards, loads of kit for the same money as say a 450d and stock lens.
When you go into a camera shop and ask for olympus you are met with an eerie silence,or the shop staff might laugh hysterically or even say "whats an olympus" lenses are expensive, my second hand remote flash was a weeks salary.

But I love it......................

When you go into a camera shop and ask for olympus you are met with an eerie silence,or the shop staff might laugh hysterically or even say "whats an olympus"

Ignorance is bliss isn't it ;) :D

Nice to see a few more Oly users around :)

i do i do, only got an E-400 with 17.5-45 and a 40-150 but im one of what seems to be a fair few olympus owners :D

Hi all, my first post here. Having owned an OM1n since 1982 i've been having fun on ebay this year picking up OM2n, OM10 x2, OM20, OM30 (arrived this morning) OM40 and lots of accessories.

Pete

Just joined and am new to photography, I've a 2nd hand E500. I'm really liking it and could do with some advice on flash guns if anyone has a minute and some recent experience.

Just joined, i have an E520, an upgrade from my previous E500, and hoping to get an even better body to join my bag. Just got a Sigma 50-500 so getting to grips with that :)

Currently - OM2SP plus lenses, E1 (had it since it came out), E400 (the same) and recently acquired E30 plus focus confirm adapter for the manual OM lenses. Previously - OM2, OM4ti, Mju APS, E20. Plus quite a few more other makes, both film and digital. Favourite - E1

Used to own a Dynax 9, and because film scanning was a drag, started looking for a digital camera, but need/love ultra-wide lenses. When Olly brought out the E1, I noticed in 2006 they were producing the 7-14mm, whilst all the APS-C camera makers seemed incapable of producing anything this wide. (and they STILL don't, unless you include the Sigma DSLR, which is smaller than APS-C, and slightly bigger than the 4/3rds sensor. I now have an E3, Lumix GF-1. I've no complaints with the image quality, but IF I do need more megapixels, I just dig out my S/h 500CM Blad which has a 35mp back ... which I was lucky/jammy enough to pay less for, than a FF DSLR!

Used to own a Dynax 9, and because film scanning was a drag, started looking for a digital camera, but need/love ultra-wide lenses. When Olly brought out the E1, I noticed in 2006 they were producing the 7-14mm, whilst all the APS-C camera makers seemed incapable of producing anything this wide. (and they STILL don't, unless you include the Sigma DSLR, which is smaller than APS-C, and slightly bigger than the 4/3rds sensor. I now have an E3, Lumix GF-1. I've no complaints with the image quality, but IF I do need more megapixels, I just dig out my S/h 500CM Blad which has a 35mp back ... which I was lucky/jammy enough to pay less for, than a FF DSLR!

Hi Footloose, I guess that 'Blad kind of makes "Full Frame" redundant! :D

I LOVE Oly's, I started with an OM1, then an OM10. DSLR starter was an E300, advanced to an E410 *best of the OLys for low grain for me* an E520 and still have my E620. I find it brill for music promos *outside, not onstage as the grain in lowlight is awful* and with my 10-20 a fave. Can't part with it ....

Back