Any one for a Nikon D760

So things are going so fast that consumers will now
adopt the strategy

"Wait until next week… a new one will be out!

Last edited:
Bloody typical, only just bought a new D750.

Mind you can't complain, it was on clearance at Barbican Currys PC World :D

Nikon seems to 'update' their models every two years so it's due an 'update'. I honestly think it's all a marketing ploy, I doubt 99% of us could say any fx camera from the last 2-3 years, even last 5 years, is the limiting factor rather than the user. I'm definitely the limiting factor with the D750. Sadly many of us fall for it, it's hardly like the d600's/d750's/d800's have become rubbish overnight and must be 'upgraded'. The good thing about all of this is soon the d750 will become an excellent second buy (it already is, under £1k for a great fx camera) as there will be an increase in the numbers becoming available, dropping the price even further.

You just have to look at the d500, for the price of it the d7200 is an excellent buy at a third of the price for a second hand. It not like it's really only a third as good. Of course some may use the new advantages but I doubt all users are better off with one over a d7200.

Nikon seems to 'update' their models every two years so it's due an 'update'. I honestly think it's all a marketing ploy, I doubt 99% of us could say any fx camera from the last 2-3 years, even last 5 years, is the limiting factor rather than the user. I'm definitely the limiting factor with the D750. Sadly many of us fall for it, it's hardly like the d600's/d750's/d800's have become rubbish overnight and must be 'upgraded'. The good thing about all of this is soon the d750 will become an excellent second buy (it already is, under £1k for a great fx camera) as there will be an increase in the numbers becoming available, dropping the price even further.

You just have to look at the d500, for the price of it the d7200 is an excellent buy at a third of the price for a second hand. It not like it's really only a third as good. Of course some may use the new advantages but I doubt all users are better off with one over a d7200.
Completely agree. My only wish would be more MP for cropping. I recently tried the D810 because of this but didn't like the grip.

I wonder if it will have a Sony or Nikon sensor as they've taken a slight step back with the last couple of releases.

Didn't the best uk price of the d750 at calumet earlier this year have something to do with an offer accidentally taken twice? I think it went for £1100 new at that time which was crazy.

They didn't honour that offer I ordered a d810 and a d750 when that double discount was on and both orders where cancelled. Ended up buying from Panamoz instead.

They didn't honour that offer I ordered a d810 and a d750 when that double discount was on and both orders where cancelled. Ended up buying from Panamoz instead.
Sounds like camera price buster never altered their lowest price data as they still show the lowest ever prices being calumet on 21st March d750 at £1080 and d810 at £1445 which is a little misleading if calumet never honoured it.

Didn't the best uk price of the d750 at calumet earlier this year have something to do with an offer accidentally taken twice? I think it went for £1100 new at that time which was crazy.

I'm quite tempted to post the photo of the price I paid for the D750 + 24-120 kit.

But I don't want to upset anyone or appear to be bragging.

I'm quite tempted to post the photo of the price I paid for the D750 + 24-120 kit.

But I don't want to upset anyone or appear to be bragging.
I'm not why it would upset anyone, if you get a good price you get a good price. Just share the love in the bargains thread or when you sell it on on here. Was it a grey by any chance? I remember the crazy price those kits went for at the time. Selling on the 24-120 made new d750 cameras a silly price (I seem to remember people at first walking away with d750s for £800-900 new) but it soon dropped the used price of 24-120's on here as people cottoned on to what was happening.

No Rob,

It was UK model clearance special.

I got the last one in the country apparently as a mate of mine phoned PC World to see if they had any more.

You know that feeling when you see something that's such a bargain before you know it you have your credit card in your hand?
This was one of those times.

D750kit.jpg

I'm not why it would upset anyone, if you get a good price you get a good price. Just share the love in the bargains thread or when you sell it on on here. Was it a grey by any chance? I remember the crazy price those kits went for at the time. Selling on the 24-120 made new d750 cameras a silly price (I seem to remember people at first walking away with d750s for £800-900 new) but it soon dropped the used price of 24-120's on here as people cottoned on to what was happening.

I suspect the only reason the price might have upset someone was if they'd paid the £1750 that Terry was asking for the kit in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago!!..... good deal if you can get it though!

Correct Chris, but I imagine anyone else would do the same. No matter what they say here.

Anyway it all worked out in the end as I was let down by a Gumtree customer and decided to keep it.

I was going to sell it and keep the money for an XT2 as I had chopped my D700 kit for an XT1 but after extensive comparison tests the D750 wins the IQ battle.

I was going to sell it and keep the money for an XT2 as I had chopped my D700 kit for an XT1 but after extensive comparison tests the D750 wins the IQ battle.

I have to admit having had a D750 that it does win the battle with an XT1, its a much closer battle comparing the new 24mp Fuji sensor though, X-Pro 2 is very close to my old D750 output.. that said the D810 I've just acquired has a noticeable edge..

I have to admit having had a D750 that it does win the battle with an XT1, its a much closer battle comparing the new 24mp Fuji sensor though, X-Pro 2 is very close to my old D750 output.. that said the D810 I've just acquired has a noticeable edge..

I have a real love hate relationship with our D810's image quality is great, they feel quicker to use than our D800 but the moire is awful. My wife tends to use them now while I use our D750's that may change though as I have a D500 being delivered today.

Will be interesting to see if there is much difference with the D760 recent upgrades haven't been huge game changers.

Amazon sold some D750 24-120mm f4 kits for around £1100 earlier this year, and they did at least honour some of the them as someone was trying to sell one on AVF (y)

No Rob,

I got the last one in the country apparently as a mate of mine phoned PC World to see if they had any more.

You know that feeling when you see something that's such a bargain before you know it you have your credit card in your hand?

View attachment 72075
Wow, that's almost like buying the lens and getting the camera free :eek:

Bargain price, someone clearly screwed up at Curry's, clearance or not.
Wouldn't be the first time, I just bought a very high-spec new Samsung TV in Currys for a fraction of the proper price, someone had put the wrong price on it and they honoured it.

Not strictly obliged to under the Sale of Goods Act but it is a common misconception (including by Currys) that they had to.

They actually scanned the barrier and it came up as the same price. I was convinced I was going to have to argue at the till.

No Rob,

View attachment 72075

thats an unbelievable bargain !

No Rob,

View attachment 72075

Wow this really is a steal! Lucky you. The most unbeilivable is that you get a touch screen too even better that my d750!

Back