Any one having problems navigating Flickr

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Since deciding not to go pro and downloading 3000 images then starting again its been slow and none responsive, i only intend using it for images i want to post on certain forums and a few groups. The uploading images is no problem its still fairly fast,when i want to add to a group though its a different story, i add one or two images to a group and just get the two little dots moveing towards each other, it will sit doing that until i come off the page then go back maybe 10min later.
The search box on my home page will not let me search for groups or lenses only images.
The bell icon most of the time will only let me look at notifications if i have selected one of my images, am i being punnished for not going pro?

Working fine for me but I recently went Pro, no idea if that has made a difference with this.

Fine for me,not pro.

Obviously they are picking on me :(

Is there any way of getting the new pro price if you are already a pro?
I canceled pro a couple of weeks ago, it ran out yesterday, I'll let you know if they offer the cheap price to temp me back ;)

Is there an easy way to download all photos. Have in excess of 4000 on there and don't fancy doing it one by one. Not sure how I gonna do it, I have a 4mb up and 0.2mb down connection :-/

Is there an easy way to download all photos. Have in excess of 4000 on there and don't fancy doing it one by one. Not sure how I gonna do it, I have a 4mb up and 0.2mb down connection :-/

I haven't used this myself, but it may be what you need? https://flickrdownloadr.com/

Are you on Chrome? I had problems when running through normal IE. Went through Chrome and all fixed.

No issues here, though it seems Flickr Central is broken, cannot add images to it

Yes It was slow / not working for days , I signed up with the Bucket its less than £1 a week forever , no price increase ever

Just opened up another yahoo account so will see if the fools will let me open another flickr one

Soon if not already you will not need a yahoo account.

I have sent about three emails asking for help, so will wait and see. I still have an account from 2012, but want this main one back as some of my best shots are on it.

You didn't accidentally upload some of your nude selfies? :D Actually, from some of the stuff I've come across on there that wouldn't do it

You didn't accidentally upload some of your nude selfies? :D Actually, from some of the stuff I've come across on there that wouldn't do it

It is very strange as I can`t even login to my yahoo either which makes me think it`s been hacked, but all my photos are still in and some are my best too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123709951@N08/

It is very strange as I can`t even login to my yahoo either which makes me think it`s been hacked, but all my photos are still in and some are my best too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123709951@N08/

Very possible, yahoo email is horrible same with hotmail. I've had mine hacked a few times over the years, but by contacting either company I got it sorted pretty quick - I only ever use my Yahoo for Flickr so nothing is at risk. Never had any issues with Gmail

Since deciding not to go pro and downloading 3000 images then starting again its been slow and none responsive, i only intend using it for images i want to post on certain forums and a few groups. The uploading images is no problem its still fairly fast,when i want to add to a group though its a different story, i add one or two images to a group and just get the two little dots moveing towards each other, it will sit doing that until i come off the page then go back maybe 10min later.
The search box on my home page will not let me search for groups or lenses only images.
The bell icon most of the time will only let me look at notifications if i have selected one of my images, am i being punnished for not going pro?

I don't think it has anything to do with your subscription. I have a smugmug account and got in touch with smugmug support after they acquired flickr to gauge whether I should keep my smugmug subscription if I subscribe to flickr PRO. One thing they told me is that they are going to make some improvements to the flickr platform, which are sorely needed IMO as flickr upload is slow and unreliable compared to smugmug upload. I think they will be trying to stabilise the platform, make it more reliable and introduce new features. Because these types of services are running 24*7 you could have some temporary hiccups when they are releasing changes.

Is there any way of getting the new pro price if you are already a pro?
As promised Mike.

If you have unsubscribed, and your subscription runs out in November you can use the FLICKRPRO30 code for the $39.99 price
the code runs out in Nov. but they may extend it .. ? who know's?
Just go to your account and "Upgrade" (y)
( I just did it)

edit, btw I paid with PP and they have debited me with £28.33 GBP so not too bad :)

Last edited:
As promised Mike.

If you have unsubscribed, and your subscription runs out in November you can use the FLICKRPRO30 code for the $39.99 price
( I just did it)

edit, btw I paid with PP and they have debited me with £28.33 GBP so not too bad :)

Thanks for that, mine runs out tomorrow so I have just cancelled it and I will renew in a couple of days (I think the offer runs out at the end of the month) :)

Actually, now I think of it all this is a bit daft really. I spend thousands on top end camera equipment and then go through all this nonsense to save about £7 :D
:LOL: well at least you know it can be done, maybe someone else that is as tight as me will see it :D

Actually after the initial they have got to be f*****g joking reaction I had every intention of re-joining but I thought I'd try it on anyway :D

As promised Mike.

( I just did it)

Just checked this and it's offering me $34.99/€30, hard to argue with that

Still can't see any point in paying to have a Flickr presence, until it becomes compulsory. But that's from the viewpoint of it being a medium of cultural interchange - a community, if you like, of people that you choose to interact with, and nowt to do with file storage.

Take your pick ...

Still can't see any point in paying to have a Flickr presence, until it becomes compulsory. But that's from the viewpoint of it being a medium of cultural interchange - a community, if you like, of people that you choose to interact with, and nowt to do with file storage.

Take your pick ...

If it's purely for that reason then surely you don't mind sticking to a 1000 image cap for free. Only your latest images are probably relevant, and it's only the oldest get deleted as you go.

Welshman = tight git = went on a mission to get under the 1000 image cap. I use Flickr for sharing only, so old stuff went, guess a lot of 'faves' disappeared too.

Take your pick ...
I'm not a flickr whore, pimping my wares all over the site / various groups, I use it purely for storage and sharing, I am happy to pay 28 quid for that.
Besides,
1) it'll give me 12 months to re-consider my options
2) It'll give me a further 12 months to move my images should I so desire.

Quoted my own post as things are just the same, if i try to add to a group it works but not straight away, i get this page,any ideas what i can try, this capture is from just trying to view the group.

Capturen.JPG

Back