Any other used dealers other than MPB?

Edit My Images
Yes
Are there Any other (good) used camera dealers other than MPB?

I am wanting to trade up from my 350d to either a 30d or 40d and I would prefer to buy from a "dealer" as I get at least a 6 month warranty (usually)

So are there any other dealers other than MPB that are worth looking into?

Mifsuds?

FFordes?

I have used both and would use both again.

I'd heartily recommend MPB, don't expect Matt to do any deals but in all honesty his prices are pretty fair and everything I've had from him (ranging from L lenses to my 7D) has been 100% bob on, as described.

As I've had such good service, if I can't get what I want from him I'll try London Camera Exchange either Colchester or Leamington, again get good fair service.

WEX also buy and sell used. A friend of mine recently part exchanged a Nikon camera she had won in a competition for a Canon lens and had a good deal.

Depending on where you are (England's a bit vague!) and what sort of relationship you have with your local camera shop (if indeed you have one), they can often do decent deals on trade ins.

I've bought from LCE's 2nd hand shelves but never traded in there since they're not as generous as others, I've bought and traded in with Mifsuds (traded in more for convenience than generosity, although they weren't stingy!) but do most of my deals face to face with the Devon Camera Centre.

Okay, they're not a dealer as such but CEX offer 1 years warranty on ALL second hand goods they sell. Their prices are reasonable if you're the buyer, but I certainly wouldn't sell to them. They only offer you about 50% of what your goods are worth, and understandably so, as they've got to make a profit.

Okay, they're not a dealer as such but CEX offer 1 years warranty on ALL second hand goods they sell. Their prices are reasonable if you're the buyer, but I certainly wouldn't sell to them. They only offer you about 50% of what your goods are worth, and understandably so, as they've got to make a profit.

Everything I've ever bought from CEX was faulty, CDs, DVDs, Games, including a phone that was stolen and got blocked I returned it and got another phone which they refused to replace when it was faulty, offered to repair it, and still didn't work after they repaired it, refused to repair it again or trade it in, and I had to sell to them people that buy broken phones for about £5.

T4 (witney, Swindon, newbury etc)

Mifsuds - devon

ffordes - beuly invernessshire

Camera Jungle - internet only (ive not use them but they are supposed to be okay)

SRS - watford

Mifsuds doesn't seem to be working

Hi, Had email from them this morning saying their website is down at the moment and they are doing their best to get it up and running again.

mifsuds is a bricks and mortar shop and hes definitely still trading.. probably just a techy glitch

Everything I've ever bought from CEX was faulty, CDs, DVDs, Games, including a phone that was stolen and got blocked I returned it and got another phone which they refused to replace when it was faulty, offered to repair it, and still didn't work after they repaired it, refused to repair it again or trade it in, and I had to sell to them people that buy broken phones for about £5.

Blimey, either I have been extremely lucky or you've been extremely unlucky! I honestly can't fault them, maybe it varies from store to store? I know my local one are VERY particular about what they will buy and what they won't. They've turned me down on an iphone 4s because it had a minute scratch on the screen:shrug:

You also get the added advantage of being able to inspect/test everything for yourself, which obviously you can't do online.

Blimey, either I have been extremely lucky or you've been extremely unlucky! I honestly can't fault them, maybe it varies from store to store? I know my local one are VERY particular about what they will buy and what they won't. They've turned me down on an iphone 4s because it had a minute scratch on the screen:shrug:

You also get the added advantage of being able to inspect/test everything for yourself, which obviously you can't do online.

I think their franchised nature embeds itself in the owner. If he looks after his stuff, the store follows suit.

Some of the materials accepted are interesting in the Manchester area. Some of the DVD sets smell of wee..

Back