Any tips on posing a model?

Just a quick couple of tips:

The lighting isn't OK, it's untidy (at best) - Sorry.

1 The folded arms isn't the most feminine way of doing that, ladies should 'hold' their arms. The light is a tad low and needs a fill to soften the contrast (another flash from the camera position or a reflector - either would do).
2 Only the skinniest and most confdent will ever look great straight on to camera like that, turn the model 3/4 on and have her lean from the waist towards the camera, the object nearer the camera grows, so it should be the face / bust, never the hips / tummy - same lighting as the 1st.
3 See above, the hands dominate because they're nearer the camera, also the face is OoF, again she's straight on to the camera, and the lighting is all over the place (look at the thumbnail and you'll see the 'lit' objects are her left arm and left cheek.

Don't be afraid to watch some videos, put together a cheat sheet, create a Pinterest board for you and your model to work towards until you can work without it.

Just a quick couple of tips:

The lighting isn't OK, it's untidy (at best) - Sorry.

1 The folded arms isn't the most feminine way of doing that, ladies should 'hold' their arms. The light is a tad low and needs a fill to soften the contrast (another flash from the camera position or a reflector - either would do).
2 Only the skinniest and most confdent will ever look great straight on to camera like that, turn the model 3/4 on and have her lean from the waist towards the camera, the object nearer the camera grows, so it should be the face / bust, never the hips / tummy - same lighting as the 1st.
3 See above, the hands dominate because they're nearer the camera, also the face is OoF, again she's straight on to the camera, and the lighting is all over the place (look at the thumbnail and you'll see the 'lit' objects are her left arm and left cheek.

Don't be afraid to watch some videos, put together a cheat sheet, create a Pinterest board for you and your model to work towards until you can work without it.
I've only done 2 shoots, ever. So im still learning the lights but I quite like the contrast. I will take your advice into consideration :)

Remember that how you light as well as pose the model can effect her perceived shape. Apart from that, what Phil said :)

Lots of great tips here, I have just started a course and for the next few weeks it's studio work so this is very useful for me thanks,

Back