Midlands Any twitchers near Worcester?

Name
Gil
Edit My Images
Yes
Planning a long weekend to Worcester, and wondered if there are any twitchers here, and whether there were any recommendations for places to go that are particularly good, perhaps along the river Severn for kingfishers for example. I'm also looking for recommendations for places to stop at on the way down / up. I'll be travelling from Glasgow down the M6 and M5.

The Upton Warren nature reserve in Wychbold is where most go to twitch. The hides belong to the Worcestershire Wildlife Trust.

If you're taking your better half then Webbs Garden Centre is across the road. She could spend hours in there.

Upton Warren

Webbs

As for the river then go upstream above Stourport to Bridgnorth for more rural riverside.

Planning a long weekend to Worcester, and wondered if there are any twitchers here, and whether there were any recommendations for places to go that are particularly good, perhaps along the river Severn for kingfishers for example. I'm also looking for recommendations for places to stop at on the way down / up. I'll be travelling from Glasgow down the M6 and M5.
Pop a little further down to Cheltenham, Pittville Park and they have some KIngfisher that loads seems to get photo's of. Even I got one whilst walking around it.

The Upton Warren nature reserve in Wychbold is where most go to twitch. The hides belong to the Worcestershire Wildlife Trust.

If you're taking your better half then Webbs Garden Centre is across the road. She could spend hours in there.

Upton Warren

Webbs

As for the river then go upstream above Stourport to Bridgnorth for more rural riverside.
A fantastic suggestion, thanks for the valuable information!! I will make sure to update this post once I've been with the photos I get

Pop a little further down to Cheltenham, Pittville Park and they have some KIngfisher that loads seems to get photo's of. Even I got one whilst walking around it.
I had a look and after your recommendation found the Cheltenham Birders Facebook page and found lots of photos of the Kingfishers!! I may make the effort and drive a little further south. Will have to see how time fairs!! Thanks very much

Back