Anybody buying a Canon 5D Mk II?

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
I've noticed that there seem to be some surprisingly good deals on 5D Mk II kits including the 24-105L lens. For example Warehouse Express are offering the camera body only for £2251 or as a kit for £2499. That effectively prices the 24-105L at £248.

If anybody is considering buying one body-only, can I tempt you into buying the kit and then selling the lens on to me? I'm sure there's enough room between £248 and £675ish for us to be able to work out something mutually beneficial.....

I bought my MKII for £1985 body only from Campkins, UK shop and stock, and they are doing the kit for £2410. This still gives a decent saving of £250 on the real price of the lens.

Good thinking batman

if you send me 150 i will buy you this lens aslog as you swap it for the nikon 300mm F4 :LOL:

This is a serious thread guys, please don't take it off topic.

I thought about it, it doesnt work though. As you can get the body only for £1800, and the 24-105 isnt worth £700.

I thought about it, it doesnt work though. As you can get the body only for £1800, and the 24-105 isnt worth £700.
Oh, that's interesting. Where s that, and how much are they asking for the kit?

You think WEx are making a nice fat profit on the body-only, rather than offering a really good deal on the kit?

24-105L's from 5D2 kits are selling for £600 from some retailers. There's a couple mention here. I tried to do a deal with someone on another forum, but he wanted £675 for it!!

There are several giving that sort of price but they don't appear to have any stock. Cheapest I've found is £1,999 from Bristol Cameras.

24-105L's from 5D2 kits are selling for £600 from some retailers. There's a couple mention here. I tried to do a deal with someone on another forum, but he wanted £675 for it!!

LOL - I only paid about £600 for mine from Kelso

Oh, that's interesting. Where s that, and how much are they asking for the kit?

You think WEx are making a nice fat profit on the body-only, rather than offering a really good deal on the kit?

Check out the price history graph on Camerapricebuster for the body only. Prices are now moving up as a result of the new SRP from Canon, but it wasn't too hard to get a body only deal for around £1800 as recently as this week from eBuyer - see this thread.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod726.html

I have an order in with BT Shop at a net price of £1564 (see the brief dip to £1600 on the Camerapricebuster graph and then take off cash back from Quidco from that figure) for the body only but I'm still awaiting stock. I can afford to wait a few weeks in order to save £700 compared to the Warehouse Express price.

I'll leave you to make your own judgement about whether or not some merchants are taking the "P" on pricing.

Last edited:
Stewart - u have a PM

Back