Anybody want to be a volunteer photographer for the fire brigade?

Last edited:
Interesting thread,
I'm a Firefighter in Ireland.

Have you had a look at the 3 mobile Command And Control trucks that the Irish Fire Service has? One in Dublin, one in Cork (I think) and one somewhere else? Trucks were supplied by Wilker Group in Co. Clare 4 or so years ago. I designed the Audiovisual system in all 3 trucks.

Have you had a look at the 3 mobile Command And Control trucks that the Irish Fire Service has? One in Dublin, one in Cork (I think) and one somewhere else? Trucks were supplied by Wilker Group in Co. Clare 4 or so years ago. I designed the Audiovisual system in all 3 trucks.

Savage,
As far as I know the Dublin one serves our area as well, west wicklow.
Third one is towards the west of Ireland I think.
I am aware of them, but have never seen the inside of one. Just an external photo, and that they are available if required.
Was only involved in one incident that would have required it, but it might have been before they were commissioned, about 8-10 years ago, we had pumps 10 at an illegal dump, for weeks.
UK sent over some observers and advisers, was an interesting incident, lots of lessons learnt.
I will try and find out more about MCC,
Fair play to you

The sort of stupid answer that just proves my point.
Answer to what?? It was a quote from the US Office when asked about buying services. Sheesh, I forget how high brow these threads are.

Savage,
As far as I know the Dublin one serves our area as well, west wicklow.
Third one is towards the west of Ireland I think.
I am aware of them, but have never seen the inside of one. Just an external photo, and that they are available if required.
Was only involved in one incident that would have required it, but it might have been before they were commissioned, about 8-10 years ago, we had pumps 10 at an illegal dump, for weeks.
UK sent over some observers and advisers, was an interesting incident, lots of lessons learnt.
I will try and find out more about MCC,
Fair play to you

Wow - 10 pumps for weeks at an illegal dump? That’s mad. And yes that would have been well before these trucks arrived around 4 or 5 years ago, possibly a bit longer. If you get the chance to have a look inside one day, the Audio Visual systems were state of the art when we designed them, including a great thermal camera on the roof which linked to the displays etc. At the time the trucks were ordered I was at a meeting in Ireland with one of the big Fire Chiefs where they calculated that the risk only required 3 command trucks and with careful positioning they could get a truck to a major incident such as a chemical works fire or aircraft down within a couple of hours. It was a very interesting and challenging project.

I forgot to mention at the time but a few weeks back Wilts & Dorset Fire advertised a photographer position, it looked really interesting, press photos, drone piloting, going out on emergency calls etc. £26k, which seemed very respectable for what I imagine would be a hugely rewarding job.

I forgot to mention at the time but a few weeks back Wilts & Dorset Fire advertised a photographer position, it looked really interesting, press photos, drone piloting, going out on emergency calls etc. £26k, which seemed very respectable for what I imagine would be a hugely rewarding job.

That's exactly how it should be done and on the nose as far as salary is concerned.

Answer to what?? It was a quote from the US Office when asked about buying services. Sheesh, I forget how high brow these threads are.
Perhaps we don't all spend our time watching TV. Nothing to do with being high brow.

I am sure everybody can quote from something that the rest (most) of us have no idea what you are on about.

Perhaps we don't all spend our time watching TV. Nothing to do with being high brow.

I am sure everybody can quote from something that the rest (most) of us have no idea what you are on about.

Yes I’m sure we can, but as I say, I don’t see what that has to do with anything you took exception to in my post and what ‘point it proved’, or frankly how it was even stupid.

I appreciate you didn’t get the reference, but why not just keep it to yourself instead of feeling the need to insult somebody. I know the urge is always there but surely you can use a little self control?

So you accept that I didn't get reference. So the context meant nothing to me, bearing in mind some of the other comments thrown about, maybe you can see where I was comng from.

As you don't know me maybe the comment did use some (a lot) of self control;)

So you accept that I didn't get reference. So the context meant nothing to me, bearing in mind some of the other comments thrown about, maybe you can see where I was comng from.

As you don't know me maybe the comment did use some (a lot) of self control;)

Once you said you didn’t get it I knew where you were coming from, but you didn’t have to be so salty about it! I thought it might get a bit of a giggle like a private joke between a few in a crowd of people, but I guess I was wrong! :LOL: My fault, I’ll keep strictly on topic in future! Although I don’t really know where I stand on this subject...

Back