Anyone been to Elmley Nature Reserve recently?

Name
Glynn
Edit My Images
No
I'm planning on spending the day at Elmley on Friday and wonder if anyone has been recently? - I'm not local (live in France) and could do with any tips, on specific locations on the reserve, especially for Owls.

Cheers
Glynn

I can't offer any personal experiences.....on my list for a visit one day!

But did find this item on FB that has some current/recent insight that may be beneficial?

Hope you have a safe journey and a great day there :)

I can't offer any personal experiences.....on my list for a visit one day!

But did find this item on FB that has some current/recent insight that may be beneficial?

Hope you have a safe journey and a great day there :)

Thanks for that......It seems the car park is a good place to see the owls, which would certainly save my new replacement knee from trekking too far! :ty:

Thanks for that......It seems the car park is a good place to see the owls, which would certainly save my new replacement knee from trekking too far! :ty:
I will look forward to seeing the results of your visit (y)

Ive been twice but not recently, we walked Elmley. Its a long walk to do the loop and didnt see any owls. We then went to the RSPB Capel Fleet Raptor Viewpoint for dusk, if you havent seen it, it is a small car park with a low mound that looks out across the farmland.
We saw a little owl, barn owl quartering the field in the distance and one other that i cant recall, im no birder so may of missed them on Elmley

Ive been twice but not recently, we walked Elmley. Its a long walk to do the loop and didnt see any owls. We then went to the RSPB Capel Fleet Raptor Viewpoint for dusk, if you havent seen it, it is a small car park with a low mound that looks out across the farmland.
We saw a little owl, barn owl quartering the field in the distance and one other that i cant recall, im no birder so may of missed them on Elmley

Thanks James......never heard of that location, but will take a look, when I leave Elmley tomorrow!

Back