Anyone bought from bhphotovideo?

Edit My Images
Yes
Im looking to buy a Kata 702 and 704... but the cheapest place ive found is www.bhphotovideo.com with the pair costing £56 +P&P from the US. Whereas, all the places ive found that sell them in the UK are charging £95+ for the pair.

Customs could make this as expensive as UK retailers for you, if not more so. Plus I'm not sure you'll have any valid warranty if you purchase outside the UK.

I have never bought from here, but if you read the Canon based forum photography-on-the.net this is the USA store that EVERYONE recommends.

Just from the number of people who rate this store I would have no hesitation at all about buying from here.

If customs checked the item and it comes marked with its US retail price of $110 (£56) they may charge me 17.5% and a handling fee, making it £65+handling fee. So I still think it should work out cheaper.

Dont you get charged Import Duty, VAT and handling fee ? Not really bought from the US to know unfortunately

Apparently US shops ALWAYS post the value and what it is, they wont mislead on price or anything, and 9 times out of 10 you will get done for import charges. I may be wrong but this is the impression i get.

Well I cannot order it now anyway... the webstore is closed until 5.45pm EST tomorrow... why would a webstore close?

its usually

(item price + postage) + tax + vat + handeling fee.

you will get charged as B&H wont under declair the value

if you have it sent

USPS - if its total after vat etc is less than £100 the handeling fee is £4.50 over £100 its £ 13.50

UPS or Fedex - is around £12

I don't think they like to post to UK either if you've never bought from the shop in person :(

I remember asking them to supply a few bits a couple of years ago and got fobbed off.
I got a friend to collect them during a business trip a couple of months later.

check out digibroadcast - I got my R-103 from them much cheaper than anywhere else in UK

I've bought all my new lens off BH Photo & Video, though I had them shipped to my friend's address in the US. They require you to fax them a copy of your credit card (front and back).

As someone said, they are recommended by everyone in the US.

Well, hello. I'm from Mexico, but B&H is the most recommended store in the US in my personal point of view.

Almost all of my equipment I have bought it from them.

Some times I make the trip, some times I just buy online but only so they ship it inside US to a friends place. And never have any problem.

Actually If someone goes to NY sometime, a visit to B&H is a must! Just to see the store! It's amazing.

Regards

LOL... im quite thick.

But reading the above post has made me remember that my sister now in NY to see James Brown play and then staying on for the New Year celebration.

Ill drop her an email and see if she can pick me one up whilst shes out there.

DreederUK,I have bought most of my Equipment from B&H and I highly recomend them.You can get an International warrenty from them.I don't have the Pro Camers like you have(I am not a Pro)but I do have alot of good Lens.I will be traveling to Paris for Holidays and US in January and I am tempted to bye another Camera.(Not Shure yet)I travel and don't have any Trouble taking my Equipment through Customs.Happy Holidays to You and Everyone on the Forum..............

They look very cheap! I might buy some stuff from there soon, do you recogn it customs will charge me loads? Why can't they just ship it over like everyone else?

They look very cheap! I might buy some stuff from there soon, do you recogn it customs will charge me loads? Why can't they just ship it over like everyone else?

like i said further up the post

(purchase price + p+p) + tax + VAT + handling charge = What you pay

they do just ship it over like any other place its customs that add it all on when it gets here.

But it's delivered to your door? So you should only have to pay what you're told it costs when you click buy on the site?

Customs suck.

But it's delivered to your door? So you should only have to pay what you're told it costs when you click buy on the site?

Customs suck.

you are told all customs and handling charges are your responsibility, when you check out.

I've purchased every bit of my gear from B&H. It is the best, in many opinions, in the US. They are closed because they observe the jewish holidays and sabbath very strictly.
I just purchased the Canon 24-70L and had it delivered in the UK. The tax, handling, VAT, etc still came up cheaper than buying here in the UK. ($200 on a $1149 lens--minus the $100 US rebate) Normally, since living in the UK, I will order and have it shipped to a friend in the US who either sends it on or I go pick it up (yes, on good days, the airfare still makes it cheaper and I get to make a shopping weekend out of it.) This instance was the the first time I actually ordered and had it shipped by B&H and I wasn't sure what to expect, but is was an okay experience. Maybe I had a sympathetic sales person, I don't know...

how did you manage to get the rebate if you don't live in the US?

I still have a US bank account and a US address (a relative) that some of my mail is forwarded to.

Nice one. Certainly useful! :)

Back