Anyone bought from kerso?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just had a quote from kerso for a canon 500mm f4 for £3400 and a 1D Mk3 for £2200. Thats a massive saving of £900 over warehouse express prices (wow!).
Has anyone used Kerso and what's the score with warranties? I know he sends them over from the states, but I don't totally feel 100% confident about this.
Would love to hear what you think,
Cheers, Mark.

Hi,

I have bought loads, well 4 lenses and a flash from him as have plenty other members on here, Avforums and Canon Forums so don't worry, full UK warranty too.

100% safe, but make sure in stock if in a hurry for it as can be delays if none available, just don't expect next day delivery although it can happen. I usually collect from his sister in Fife which makes it easier.

There have been a few grumbles about his speed of contact and delivery but these are far outweighed by the positive comments.

Mike.

I just recently questioned him about buying a 50mm 1.4 and a 580exII flash, his responses were quick and lick everyone else says he's hard to beat on price unless you go the Hong Kong route.

So I paid the man and I'm now waiting for my new toys to arrive.:woot:

Anyone bought from kerso?

The question here is probably more like has anyone here NOT bought from Kerso. :)

I've bought lots of stuff - 2 bodies - 2 SB-800s - loads of lenses - bits and pieces - 100% trustworthy and great prices. Highly recommended.

Spent thousands with Ian, without any problems.

Just about to order some more stuff too.

Dont worry about it, get it ordered and save some money.

Got to agree with all the above 100% trustworthy He is the only e bayer I would deal with If you want it get it from him I do great bloke and hes always treated us right on TP
Bob

Wow! Thanks for all the quick replies, it looks like I will use Kerso.
I'm a bit concerned over the warranty for the 1D mk 3. If it were you would you get the body in the UK for peace of mind and pay the extra £300? or do you reckon its worth the saving?
Thanks again, Mark.

I'be bought two lens from him and i can't fault his service. I'd definately do business with him again.

I'm a bit concerned over the warranty for the 1D mk 3. If it were you would you get the body in the UK for peace of mind and pay the extra £300? or do you reckon its worth the saving?
Thanks again, Mark.

In the unlikely event that you have a problem - I'm certain Ian will look after you.

Only bought from him once but I have no complaints about the service. I did a bank transfer and I effectively got next day service as my lens was delivered the day after the money appeared in his account. The price was miles better than any UK retailer. I'd personally probably shy away from the camera due to cameras not having international warranty with Canon but with the lens, get it bought.

I've contacted him a couple of times about a Nikon 200-400mm. Seems a really nice bloke. Didn't answer my question about Nikon UK warranty though.
He was honest about delivery time when asked and stated that they are scarse lenses and couldn't give an estimated time.
I haven't yet decide where to order from. If he could say a week or so delivery, i could live with that, but I don't want to pay out over £3000 and find its weeks and weeks.
I'd like to give him the business though, seems top notch bloke.

I placed an order with him last Wednesday (based on his reputation on AVForums) and he hasn't even acknowledged the email. I sent a follow up email Sunday evening - no reponse.

I have tried contacting him via Ebay (albeit only earlier this evening) where he has been leaving feedback for buyers today - but that could be automated though. No reply (yet).

I see he was active on these forums at 05:15 this morning - I think I'll try a PM from here as well.

I don't like sending someone hundreds of £'s and not getting at least an acknowledgement of my order, even if I have to wait until the payment reaches him before he despatches the items.

So far, I'm not impressed. :crying:

I don't think I'd be happy either. Having said that, every time somebody is in your situation he says that he gets to people as soon as possible.

I placed an order with him last Wednesday (based on his reputation on AVForums) and he hasn't even acknowledged the email.

Have you checked that your email hasn't filtered his reply out? I know it is happened to a few other people before...

Normally he's pretty good - I've spent loads of cash with him and in my book he's highly reccomened, never had any problems so far. Always had quick delivery unless he hasn't had stock.

You are better PM'ing him here as he checks them a lot. I've never had a problem with him not getting back to me. He does however have e-mail problems now and again.

I just ordered a couple of lenses and recieved the Canon 70-200mm this morning!!! (y)

I placed an order with him last Wednesday (based on his reputation on AVForums) and he hasn't even acknowledged the email. I sent a follow up email Sunday evening - no reponse.

I have tried contacting him via Ebay (albeit only earlier this evening) where he has been leaving feedback for buyers today - but that could be automated though. No reply (yet).

I see he was active on these forums at 05:15 this morning - I think I'll try a PM from here as well.

I don't like sending someone hundreds of £'s and not getting at least an acknowledgement of my order, even if I have to wait until the payment reaches him before he despatches the items.

So far, I'm not impressed. :crying:

Have you checked that your email hasn't filtered his reply out? I know it is happened to a few other people before...

Normally he's pretty good - I've spent loads of cash with him and in my book he's highly reccomened, never had any problems so far. Always had quick delivery unless he hasn't had stock.
I have had no response at all from him apart from the answer to my initial enquiry which was received on 24 March. Outlook can't filter what it hasn't received (and I have checked).

I've had no reponse to my query through Ebay either - and he has been active leaving feedback for others - unless his sister does that.

I've just sent him a PM via this forum but as I understand he lives in the USA, I won't expect a response until later today or this evening - if I get one at all that is.

I must say that his silence is becoming quite disconcerting and I don't intend to lose hundreds of pounds. I am keeping printouts of all his (single) and my emails etc - just in case.

I bought from him this month and he said the best method of contact was by PM on here as he checks it regularly. If anyone has any doubt collect in person and pay cash.

I have had no response at all from him apart from the answer to my initial enquiry which was received on 24 March. Outlook can't filter what it hasn't received (and I have checked).

I've had no reponse to my query through Ebay either - and he has been active leaving feedback for others - unless his sister does that.

I've just sent him a PM via this forum but as I understand he lives in the USA, I won't expect a response until later today or this evening - if I get one at all that is.

I must say that his silence is becoming quite disconcerting and I don't intend to lose hundreds of pounds. I am keeping printouts of all his (single) and my emails etc - just in case.
I'm certain you have nothing to worry about.

I'm certain you have nothing to worry about.

Same here. Relax, he will get back to you soon. From my experience he is not the sort of person to do a runner with your money. He has delt with many people on here and has a very good reputation. I know he has been ill recently, so maybe he's taking some time off from it all. That happened to me a few weekes ago. Didn't hear anything for a while and then got a very apologetic email. Hang in there :)

don't forget that He has a huge thread on the POTN forums also - i'd hate to be the one to have to go thru his emails he must get 100's daily.

I've awaiting delivery of my 100-400 and 100mm Macro, only had a PM reply to say thanks for order, nothing to say that money arrived in account/items posted etc - but based on all his positive feedback etc, not that worried (only impatient to get them in my hands :) )

Gary

Kerso has now been in touch and all is well with the world. (y)

It seems that my initial order email went astray (although I never had a non-delivery response).

Anyway, it appears that my fears were unfounded and Kerso really is the good egg that he been portrayed as. :D

Kerso has now been in touch and all is well with the world. (y)

It seems that my initial order email went astray (although I never had a non-delivery response).

:D

told you (y)

Never had any doubts!

Thanks again, Mark.

I bought a 60mm EF-S Macro lens from him last July and it stopped autofocussing last week. The warranty card suggested it was US sourced (which I knew anyway). I posted it off to Canon Repair centre on Monday, together with his invoice, and they posted it back on Friday, repaired FOC under warranty. No problems at all.

That was my 2nd lens from Kerso. Just ordered my third one last night (and my first "L").

Back