Anyone bought stuff from this website?

I think this is a HK company - they ship from there.

It's a dropship operation, everything is shipped from HK, if you do a search here on TP there are a few threads about them....

it is a dropship operation - and the way they make considerable effort to look as though they're based in Nottingham should tell you everything you need to know.

I'd avoid them - :thumbsdown: my dealing wasn't a happy affair.

Hugh

O right thanks.
Anyone able to find Tokina 12-24mm DX Pro II.
The II version for D40/D60 one cheaper than 450 pounds?
Cause warehouse express is 450 pounds I guess it is the retail price.
Don't know if anyone can find a cheaper one.
Thanks

I have just ordered my 70-200 f2.8 L from these people, via Amazon (did this for safety) - Amazon said it would be dispatched between 3rd-6th April however they are having backorder problems...basically too much work and they can't cope with it all.

I am unhappy with them because of this delay. I need the lens for Sunday and because of the lack of dispatch and the bank holidays, I don't think I will be getting it!

Email contact is good, however the dispatch is a major problem. The reviews on Amazon seem to say speed delv...

speedy despatch from HK and then takes upwards of 10 days - I know someone who bought a camera from them - it arrived - eventually - but far from speedy.

Thanks for the information
But I am after the II version. which has a build in motor.
Cause I just own a D60... don't know if will be worth to change to D80/D90 now.
So can buy more lenses with/without motor built-in

sorry - I didn't realise. Just for information the sigma 10-20 has a good reputation as well on DX

H

sorry - I didn't realise. Just for information the sigma 10-20 has a good reputation as well on DX

H

I looked around this forum did see people using this Sigma 10-20mm
But I looked at the dpreview. that Tokina has better sharpness even at open wide aperture.
Don't know if the review is trustable or not.

Kevin

I have just ordered my 70-200 f2.8 L from these people, via Amazon (did this for safety) - Amazon said it would be dispatched between 3rd-6th April however they are having backorder problems...basically too much work and they can't cope with it all.

I am unhappy with them because of this delay. I need the lens for Sunday and because of the lack of dispatch and the bank holidays, I don't think I will be getting it!

Email contact is good, however the dispatch is a major problem. The reviews on Amazon seem to say speed delv...

I got a similar runaround from these cowboys although I ordered direct & not through Amazon - despite the fact that the lens I was after was 'in stock' & they replied to an email that it was definately 'in stock' - after 10 days they had still not dispatched it to me - I cancelled the order & it took another 20days to get my refund! - avoid like the proverbial plague (unless you're not in a rush obviously!)
Paul

I ordered a memory card from Simply Electronics (Via Amazon) the other day and I had it within 48 hours. Can't say I'd entrust a more pricey order to them though.

We've just initiated a payment dispute through our credit card company.

No goods after 10 days. Email response from Simply Electronics was that they had no record of the order. Credit card company said that £700 had been taken by them. Phone calls to their helpline resulted in the phone being put down after pickup, followed by a "you are in a queue for 10 minutes" message.

And the moral of this? "Search" is your friend...

-H

Back