Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
After a discussion with Mr @RaglanSurf we thought it was about time for a meet a bit further north, specifically in the fair city of York some time in March or April.

Anyone game?

York is not too far and there is usually plenty to capture

Funnily enough the CMS and I are going to York on the 12th of March, so unsurprisingly, I vote for........... 12th Match.

However, I'm quite happy to go twice. :D

I was born there!.....Beautiful place, well the old parts anyway.
Logistically à nightmare for me to get there....shame :(

I could be up for this as its not far for me to travel, parking is a nightmare though unless you choose a spot out of town.

April sounds good as the weather might be kinder then :)

I like York, would make this if I can...

I could be up for this as its not far for me to travel, parking is a nightmare though unless you choose a spot out of town.

April sounds good as the weather might be kinder then :)

Is the park and ride no longer operative?

Was always the most practical option!

The park and ride is still available, however as most film meets tend to progress via several hostelries, alternate transport may be a good idea.

Rail links to York are very good btw.

^^^^
and if you hurry you can catch the Flying Scotsman :) its going up today though.

I'm interested - I didn't get to York for my birthday and Sue and I both like the place. The only caveat would be that we would like to go to the Photography Show, and might be there on the 19th (dates not yet fixed).

Are we looking at the 12th then?

Are we looking at the 12th then?

So far it does appear to be leading the way. We'll be coming up on the train so a visit to some watering holes would be appropriate. The CMS will be bringing her Oly Trip but will probably wander off to do some shopping, or whatever dark arts memsahibs get up to on these jaunts. :pompous:

Last edited:
So far it does appear to be leading the way. We'll be coming up on the train so a visit to some watering holes would be appropriate. The CMS will be bringing her Oly Trip but will probably wander off to do some shopping, or whatever dark arts memsahibs get up to on these jaunts. :pompous:

No hills for her to steam up and leave you for dead.

No hills for her to steam up and leave you for dead.

Correct. We're going to Arran in May and that will be the time I get left behind. :jawdrop:

All alone in the remote islands, what will you do!
Oh my, please warn them poor sheep .....if Andy finds himself bored and comes across one of em that's strayed from the flock.....:wideyed::naughty::exit:

Let me know where and when and I'll rock up. I live in York, always lots to see and do. I never get bored of the changing seasons here.

Should the date fall in April, there is a very slim chance that i could get there.

March is impossible.

So now you all have a darned good reason to vote for March dates :p:sulk::(:D:D

Oi
Oh my, please warn them poor sheep .....if Andy finds himself bored and comes across one of em that's strayed from the flock.....:wideyed::naughty::exit:

Oi! I'm not Welsh.......

Should the date fall in April, there is a very slim chance that i could get there.

March is impossible.

So now you all have a darned good reason to vote for March dates :p:sulk::(:D:D
Quick, let's get this sorted for March ASAP :D

12th then?

I'll start to look into some attractions, both photographic and alcoholic.

I'm going, got my ticket sorted.

The railway museum isn't far from the station... funnily enough... Station seems the only place that has sensible parking charges in the middle of York. It's £7 all day if you get there after 9.30 am. Otherwise it's the park and rides. That's free but it doesn't mention bus ticket cost.

I probably won't be arsed but I shall keep an eye on this thread just in case I can :)

:eek:

Bloody hell!

@Andysnap

What train are you getting Andy?

Not sure, I need to speak to the CMS to find out what she is thinking. Probably be fairly early, 07.27 or 07.56 I suspect

Back