Anyone got the Photographer's Rights PDF?

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I've updated Adobe Reader to the latest version, but I can't find the PDF sent to me by EosD. Also, the link to it on the left on the main page is dead.

Unfortunately I don't have an alternative link and you are quite correct the link is currently dead :icon_eek:

I do know that we have written permission to use the link and so will search out the email address from which we got that, from there we may be able to find out some more and possibly a working link. I noticed his whole site is currently not availible though so there is a strong possibility that the email addy may also be dead :(

[edit] n/m - you already noticed the whole site is gone. So I shan't bother telling you. :nut: :whistling

Cheers for that Bachs.

I'll get it uploaded to our server and the link changed :thumb:

Steve said:
Cheers for that Bachs.

I'll get it uploaded to our server and the link changed :thumb:

Good idea ;)

Sorry for the downtime on http://www.sirimo.co.uk/ukpr.php this was due to a critical error on one of the server hard disks. The site is back up and running now.

Edit to add - Please do not host copies of the guide on this site or another. To do so is a violation of mine and Linda Macpherson's intellectual property and copyright. The guide will always be hosted on my site. If the site appears to be down it's from a temporary technical glitch, not because it was pulled.

Oops - sorry Sirimo, we didn't mean to offend :icon_redf I'll delete the links right away. :)

Welcome aboard, why not hang around now you're here? :thumb:

Although I think it's just linking to unauthorised copies you're objecting to? I'll bring it to the attention of the admin as soon as we have one on line. :)

Totally ! Very pleased for anyone to link to my site with the guide on it. And I'm of course over the moon with the link this forum has on the homepage :) I just don't people redistributing the guide from their own sites for a few reasons. One of which is I.P and copyright but also as any updates to the guide will not be mirrored on other sites.

The guide is about to get an overhaul with new information added, specifically dealing with photography of children. I'll post a message once it's been done.

Understood mate - I'll bring this to Steve's attention. :)

I was about to post about the hosting of this file as I received an email from Sirimo but am pleased to see he has joined up!

Sirimo, I have sent you a reply to your email and also offer a public apology for breach of your copyright which was down to stupidity and thoughtlessness rather than any auterior motive.

I have of course immediately removed it from my hosting and will use your link in future.

I'll get my coat :coat:

Welcome along Sirimo, glad you joined!

matty

*edit* wow! whos the lovely smiling woman against the wall!!!!!!!:shock:

Sorry I have missed all this, I have been out actually using the camera ;)

We had and still have linked to your site from the front of ours and not directly to your PDF document. It was only yesterday when your site was down and it was brought to our attention that the link was posted here.

Now that we know your link is back up and working and you are continuing to support the PDF we are very happy to continue to link to your site with your continued permission and can only appologise for any unitentional upset we have caused.

Wish I'd kept me mouth shut now! :blush:

IanC_UK said:
Nah ! it just shows how important this resource is mate !

Indeed, it is somewhat of a 'golden bible' for many photographers. Not for those with ill intent, but for those who may be uncomfortable and unsure of their rights. It gives the layman photographer some confidence that with all todays laws and restrictions, we are still allowed to go and get innocent shots without fear of persecution :)

I'd personally like to thank sirimo for writing and providing this PDF, it's giving me a good clear insight into what I can and cannot shoot safely, and I am looking forward to the impending update.

Kind Regards

Marcel said:
Indeed, it is somewhat of a 'golden bible' for many photographers. Not for those with ill intent, but for those who may be uncomfortable and unsure of their rights. It gives the layman photographer some confidence that with all todays laws and restrictions, we are still allowed to go and get innocent shots without fear of persecution :)

I'd personally like to thank sirimo for writing and providing this PDF, it's giving me a good clear insight into what I can and cannot shoot safely, and I am looking forward to the impending update.

Kind Regards

Couldnt have put it better myself Marcel ! :)

Thanks ! Of course real credit has to go to Linda for writing the guide and answering off the comments/questions. I'm glad it's been such a success to the UK photography community.

EosD said:
*edit* wow! whos the lovely smiling woman against the wall!!!!!!!:shock:

That's my girlfriend and number one model ;)

sirimo said:

Lucky git!

So browsing your site, I gather that is actually you in your avatar, so who is the guy with the beard on the first page of your PDF document? :ponders:

CT said:
Lucky git!

I know :naughty:

CT said:
So browsing your site, I gather that is actually you in your avatar, so who is the guy with the beard on the first page of your PDF document? :ponders:
If you look really close at the bottom of the image in the PDF (zoom to 300%), there is a copyright sign with the artists name (Wouter van Caspel) and URL for iStockphoto.com with image number 135120

I've just been checking out your stock photos Siromo...some great stuff there! :thumb:

sirimo said:
Thanks ! Of course real credit has to go to Linda for writing the guide and answering off the comments/questions. I'm glad it's been such a success to the UK photography community.

She got a name?? i havent done any stalking for a while see...

Back