Anyone had Currys price match HDEW?

Edit My Images
No
I've actually had Currys price match HDEW myself 4 years ago. But this only after leaving them a 1 star review on Trustpilot as they initially refused to honour the price match.

When I spoke to Currys on livechat they refused to honour the price match as they said that HDEW are a reseller not a retailer. I left another 1 star review on Trustpilot and they asked me to email the Social Media Team. But I've not heard back from them and its been 2 days.

I would prefer to buy from Currys and get a 2 year manufacturer's warranty rather than HDEW's own 3 year warranty.

Concerned if I keep waiting it will be sold out at HDEW. Has anyone successfully got Currys to price match HDEW recently?

Well good luck with this I can't see how they would even entertain the idea of this happening. I think we would all like to purchase at the cheaper prices and get an official warranty but that is never going to happen. The cost saving along with their own warranty is normally enough. The majority of their stock is imported in and not in stock in the uk. They do have some items that are available on a faster delivery.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, you are leaving unwarranted bad reviews because a UK based seller is refusing to honour price of smuggled goods?
I agree. This smacks of someone, like Violet Elizabeth, screaming and screaming until they get their way; it is blackmail by media and very bad form.

Last edited:
You. are not comparing like with like and it is unreasonable to expect a retailer with buildings., staff, taxes to pay way beyond anything that a grey retailer can do by 'avoiding' taxes. And as this is your first post, I hope you drop it. It's not right. Having looked on the review site, I think I found your review where you do not mention that it is a grey import business that you except them to match.

Last edited:
You want the curry’s guarantee, pay the UK price.

Having worked for the currys / pcworld group a number of years go, I’d rather have the Hdew warranty.
really sad state of affairs when a grey importer can provide better warranty and service than a local seller especially with brick & motor shops.
Part of the reason why people don't shop in these places.

Luckily at least for camera gear there are other good shops in the UK with excellent service. LCE has always been brilliant for me.

Last edited:
What an odd first post, recounting something that may or may not have happened 4 years ago :thinking:

What an odd first post, recounting something that may or may not have happened 4 years ago :thinking:

I suspect it may be the only post.

From what I gather he is trying again but this time they have refused.
Which ever way you slice it, its still a very odd first post.
No doubt we aren't the only forum he's shared this with, either.

Which ever way you slice it, its still a very odd first post.
No doubt we aren't the only forum he's shared this with, either.
I wonder if he is trying to garner more social media backing for his claim so he can show Curry's that he can dissuade yet more people by these kind of posts
if that is the case... better to lock this thread me thinks ;)

I wonder if he is trying to garner more social media backing for his claim so he can show Curry's that he can dissuade yet more people by these kind of posts
if that is the case... better to lock this thread me thinks ;)

I don't think he has much sympathy anyway.
The OP knows damn well that HDEW are grey resellers, he's just trying it on.

I really wouldnt recomend Currys. They have a terrible reputation, and good luck getting anything fixed or a refund.
I don’t have a lot of history with Curry’s but I did buy a pair of headphones from them a couple of years back not expensive ones just £40 they refunded the full cost 7 months later when they developed a fault.

He's come to the wrong place to sprout kak like that and expect sympathy

He's come to the wrong place to sprout kak like that and expect sympathy

If he's after sympathy, I suggest he looks between s**t and syphilis in most dictionaries...

Best meat I ever had was springbok in Namibia, but you don't get that in Asda (or any other supermarkets here). Certainly not in Curry's and it would be sacrilege in curries.

Back