anyone here do html and css lots?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I built a website last year that sucks ass, i was thinking of using mambo to upgrade it but to be honest its just not worth messing about with that much, however, i do like the template i was going to use, now if i load the dummy page on tinternet and save it to my machine, i can display it the way i want it with a lovely style sheet and all that, so the question is, can i convert the existing HTML to use this CSS for the whole site?

any suggestions gratefully received 8)

take that as a no then?

Noooo, take it as a 'haven't a clue' from me! :D

I still use Word to create websites, which shows how primitive I am. :shock: Most 'website creation software' saves everything as a bespoke file which you can't read with anything else, and it also won't read HTML so it's no good for existing websites you've created with something different. (Can't find 'banghead' emoticon but you know what I mean.)

Frontpage is probably OK, and I'm playing with JAlbum, but I think we've all lost the plot a bit. The original idea of websites and HTML was that they should be viewable on any platform. IMO everyone is trying to make websites too complex and impressive these days. Most people who look at a website want information, not all the java and flash stuff, especially if they're on 56K.

I could easily be a founder member of the KISS HTML movement, but I think it's a lost cause. :wink:

oh well, thanks anyway!

Back