Anyone here used the Canon 10-18mm STM ?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a Wide Angle lens in the next month or so & was wondering if anyone here has used the 10-18mm STM ?

Many Thanks

I bought on and received it just over a week ago. From my limited testing and use so far, I would say I t is an excellent lens, it is actually the equivalent of 16-29mm on a FF body. It's not much bigger or heavier than the Canon 18-55mm STM kit lens.

From my limited use so far (it seems to cloud over or rain every time I have spare time to get out :().

I managed a few at sunset yesterday on my way home. Here's an example:

16689137874_0ae6c70d71_k.jpg

Thanks to everyone that has replied and posted beautiful photos taken with the lens :). Will have to get this soon :)

I know a guy that teaches at a school and has access to all kinds of equipment and he said that lens is garbage. I trust his opinion because all he does is mess with this stuff all day every day.
anyone can spout nonsense and just say oh x product is garbage. maybe he should back it up with some real world evidence, because just about every review out there and user who actually has one, only have good things to say about it.

'because it's not an L lens' probably.

On the other side of the argument DR loved it. ;)
Actually he was comparing it to another canon lens that was very similar. Forgive me a can't remember which one right now. He did a video test and said that its auto focus did not work well at all compared to the other lens. I'll ask him which one as soon as get time.

well ive had the sigma 10-20, the canon 10-22 and now have the 10-18 and the 10-18 is the fastest of the 3 of them in terms of focusing speed. plus its the quietest with the STM motor and as the added bonus of IS too.. all at less than half the price... its a no brainer lens if your shooting UWA landscapes

You won't be disappointed in the lens, its build quality isn't even too bad considering the money. Its a good bloody lens for £200. Very fast focusing, and sharp too. Unless I just had a really good example of one.

nice surprise earlier when not only did my expected Amazon order turn up but so did the lens that was not due until Tuesday... initial test are very pleasing, just done the £25 cashback application through so when I get that back the actual outlay for me would have been £131.. cannot grumble at all.

hopefully have some time to head somewhere today when the sun starts dropping.

Back