Anyone here with Sky Broadband and Sky Talk (Phone)?

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I'm sooo fed up the BT and they way they deal with their customers I think it's time for a move.

Sky fiber max seems the one for us, but can anyone tell me...

What are their customer services like?
UK call centers?
Is the Bill straight forward and simple like 1 2 3?

Changed back to BT because Sky internet was so poor.
Sky's rep on the phone at the time said "yeah, our internet is pretty s***". Their words.
Still have Sky TV because, well, it's free, but their internet was dire.

Changed back to BT because Sky internet was so poor.
Sky's rep on the phone at the time said "yeah, our internet is pretty s***". Their words.
Still have Sky TV because, well, it's free, but their internet was dire.

Was that with the fastest they have?

When I get that I just keep hitting loads of numbers, or say, bucket of fish (or some rubbish). 99% of the time it puts me through to someone.

Was that with the fastest they have?
Not quite sure what you mean.
I have broadband via BT. It's never fallen over. Fast speed.
I get the full on Sky TV package without paying a penny, and that's on their own service.

I get the full on Sky TV package without paying a penny, and that's on their own service.

Think the OP is asking was the package you had Fibre max.

Most of the suppliers are the similar, bills are straight forward especially if unlimited- may change if you have phone as well. CS when things go wrong is the biggie, info here on most suppliers
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Yeah, that's what I meant to say. Did you have the Fibre max, but left because that was so poor.

I have BT top fiber but that drops out a lot. If you do call them I get told there's nothing wrong with it.
The main reason though is BT are the most expensive with rubbish customer service. I may as well pay less and get rubbish customer service elsewhere :)

I'm with sky for the internet (don't bother with a TV package, just make do with Apple TV. I only have a basics package - unlimited standard internet and pay about £12 or so. It's fine - never stutters or freezes while streaming, mostly using Netflix or Now TV or the various on demand apps. Never had to go through to them on the phone either.

What's the trick to get free Sky TV? :thinking:

BT are pretty good at offering deals if you say you're leaving - I'm paying £30 a month at the mo for fibre, landline, a TV box and BT sport.

BT are pretty good at offering deals if you say you're leaving - I'm paying £30 a month at the mo for fibre, landline, a TV box and BT sport.

I told them that and they said they can do a deal. They are happy to quickly take a year line retail up front but when it comes to getting a call back from a manager the next day to do the rest of the deal you don't hear from them again.

I told them that and they said they can do a deal. They are happy to quickly take a year line retail up front but when it comes to getting a call back from a manager the next day to do the rest of the deal you don't hear from them again.
I did it on the live chat on BT website. Took about 5 minutes.

What's the trick to get free Sky TV? :thinking:

I cancelled over 4 years ago and they've never cut me off.
Notified them numerous times by all methods.

Over 24hrs now since I was told a customer complain rep would call me back within 24hrs.
Sums up BT really

Sky fibre max will give you the same speed as BT, they use the same line.
I left sky because of the cost and went to Virgin, they were rubbish.
As long as the service worked I got good speeds but it was very unreliable, it was down for ten days over christmas last year but they did credit my bill for the loss of service.
The longest I went without a problem was eight weeks.
The only problem I had with sky in over ten years was when the router packed up and I had to buy another one.

Sky fibre max will give you the same speed as BT, they use the same line.
I left sky because of the cost and went to Virgin, they were rubbish.
As long as the service worked I got good speeds but it was very unreliable, it was down for ten days over christmas last year but they did credit my bill for the loss of service.
The longest I went without a problem was eight weeks.
The only problem I had with sky in over ten years was when the router packed up and I had to buy another one.

I think Sky is cheaper than BT.

Been waiting for 2 weeks now from a promise call from a BT manager and then 2 from customer complaints department. Haven't heard a thing from them.

Just out of interest how much is people paying for good bradband?
I'm with VM and have pretty good 50mbs and pay £33/month I have a landline but it is not even plugged in.

I'm with VM and have pretty good 50mbs and pay £33/month I have a landline but it is not even plugged in.

£44pm with BT at the moment. 70mbs with anytime calls. I got the TV and sport for one year too added in that (for a fiver) as they messed up last year too.

Got another question if anyone can answer it?

Just waiting for my my contract to end then I'm free for a new deal anywhere.

At the moment with BT I'm on about 70+Mb top download speed. I'm sure I don't need that with just the wife and myself. For example, She's on her ipad general messing about, I'm playing xbox one or watching a film. Have some music playing through Spoitfy maybe. Plenty of speed, no slow downs or bumps in the road.

If I went down to top download speed of 38mb, would I notice a big difference?

According to the Network Speed Test app I use to see what sort of speeds I'm getting, streaming high quality video needs about 3Mb/s. I'm assuming you mean Mb rather than mb... ;)

Got another question if anyone can answer it?

Just waiting for my my contract to end then I'm free for a new deal anywhere.

At the moment with BT I'm on about 70+Mb top download speed. I'm sure I don't need that with just the wife and myself. For example, She's on her ipad general messing about, I'm playing xbox one or watching a film. Have some music playing through Spoitfy maybe. Plenty of speed, no slow downs or bumps in the road.

If I went down to top download speed of 38mb, would I notice a big difference?
No chance.

I'm with plus.net (never had a problem) and in the 36mb package.
We have 15 up connected devices (admit not on all at the same time).
Mostly a tablet accessing the Web, Sky, possibly Netflix and a PC online.

Was with SKY before but the continual price increase and then some access issues led me to jump to plus net who along with some cash back meant it was a lot cheaper on a monthly basis.

Like all these big suppliers, when it works it's great but when there's a problem then their customer service is just diabolical. I cancelled my sky subscription out of protest of their awful customer service when I had broadband issues. I'd never use them again TBH. BT are no better, in fact they're so much worse.

I went for Zen internet a few years ago and paid £20 per month for 4gb download and they've been exceptional. I upped my service to fibre broadband a few months ago which is £35 per month. I've had a few line issues when being part of BT wholesale and Zen stepped up and got on with it. They were a breath of fresh air and I've always felt I was talking to real people and not people running through a script.

Personally, I doubt I'll go back to any of the big companies because although they give a great sales pitch,they prove themselves when problems arise. I spoke to a BT sales rep just last week and we worked out, together whilst on the phone, that they could in fact save me more than £200 per year in my phone and broadband service. She wasn't really surprised when I told her I'd pay 5 times that amount per year for good customer service.

Last edited:
Like all these big suppliers, when it works it's great but when there's a problem then their customer service is just diabolical. I cancelled my sky subscription out of protest of their awful customer service when I had broadband issues. I'd never use them again TBH. BT are no better, in fact they're so much worse.

I went for Zen internet a few years ago and paid £20 per month for 4gb download and they've been exceptional. I upped my service to fibre broadband a few months ago which is £35 per month. I've had a few line issues when being part of BT wholesale and Zen stepped up and got on with it. They were a breath of fresh air and I've always felt I was talking to real people and not people running through a script.

Personally, I doubt I'll go back to any of the big companies because although they give a great sales pitch,they prove themselves when problems arise. I spoke to a BT sales rep just last week and we worked out, together whilst on the phone, that they could in fact save me more than £200 per year in my phone and broadband service. She wasn't really surprised when I told her I'd pay 5 times that amount per year for good customer service.

I feel that way with Talk Talk. Will never use them again.

£32/month for 150mb cable (no phone or TV). About to go up by £3/month but they're also bumping everyone's speeds. Mine is going to 200mb.

I moved to plusnet recently because for me and the wife a basic adsl connection is fine. I invited bt to price match before moving and they declined...despite having same prices deals available to new customers, and plusnet being owned by bt!

For me the thing that grated was the never ending price increases coupled with their drive to pay ££££ for sports rights for bt tv that we have never, and are unlikely to ever be interested in.

Last year we went to change from BT to Sky or Virgin, eventually stayed with BT and got a better deal as we stayed with them, we got unlimited internet usage using BT Infinity broadband and brought our monthly bill down to £32 instead of £45, result....!

Pete

Back