Anyone made a camera insurance claim?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
I know there's a thread going at the moment about best insurance company for your kit. But frankly I think you can only recommend one after you've dealt with an actual claim, so whose actually made a claim and how did you get on?

I've mentioned it before but I had a hassle free claim with Aaduki recently:

Sunday: Camera & lens stolen from wedding (left unattended close by)
Monday: Informed insurance company who e-mailed me the claim form which I sent off immediately
Tuesday: Claim agreed in principle
Wednesday: Claim approved by underwriters and supplier contacted
Thursday: Supplier contacted me to arrange delivery of replacement kit
Friday: Kit arrived

For those reasons I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Select and Protect, household policy.

28-70 f2.8L dropped off a table, secndary focus tube broken and not avaiulable. reported to S&P and cheque recieved twp weeks later.

photoguard
3 years with them
have made two claims
one for a lens dropped and the other for a compact I dropped.
they've been pretty good each time

I've mentioned it before but I had a hassle free claim with Aaduki recently:

Sunday: Camera & lens stolen from wedding (left unattended close by)
Monday: Informed insurance company who e-mailed me the claim form which I sent off immediately
Tuesday: Claim agreed in principle
Wednesday: Claim approved by underwriters and supplier contacted
Thursday: Supplier contacted me to arrange delivery of replacement kit
Friday: Kit arrived
really glad this got sorted out chap!

More than were very help with me :)

NFU mutual Home and contents insurance, separately listed. Fell over in the woods and knackered the shutter. Beyond economical repair, NFU sent me a cheque for the full amount I claimed.

Just had a claim with Photoguard regarding my Nikon 18-105mm VR that hit the floor.

Pretty quick process - week or so. OK comms. Certainly happy overall with the service.

Last edited:
Direct Line, camera gear under the all risks section of home insurance, daughter left Nikon D50 on car roof, drive off and it fell and smashed.
Replaced with a D90 within 2 weeks (y)

Did you have to send the equipment back to them?

Hiya,

Although this thread is years old - I’m still with Photoguard and have recently made a new claim.

However, the process hasn’t really changed since I made a claim for the lens in this post.

On the recent claim, I dropped the missus’ Panasonic TZ70 and smashed the retractable lens - oops.

I gave them a ring to explain. They sent be a claim pack (you can download this off their website) to fill in:

A quick questionnaire asking what happened/where/who by etc, a form to give further info about what happened, they asked for photos for the camera damage - so I printed off a couple. They also wanted proof of identity like a recent bill. They also asked me to get a repair quote (on the previous claim, they organised a repair quote).

I sent back the claim pack and a repair quote from a local camera repair shop, along with the receipt for the repair inspection.

I didn’t need to send them the camera.

Within a week I had a reply saying that the claim was accepted (it was a very quick turnaround when I claimed for the lens ages ago), and that I would receive the claim value minus excess into my bank - which I indeed did.

Hope this helps,
Shane :)

A long time ago, so probably not relevant today. Took six months to sort the claim out, the insurance folks sent a loss adjuster round to our house and we received several low ball offers before finally agreeing the claim amount.

I have an excellent household policy that has new for old on my cameras. Destroyed a Leica Monochrom a couple of years ago that cost £3000 and they paid me the replacement new price of the newer model, £5250. They also paid for the 50/f2 to be sent to Germany and rebuilt. Claim took 3 days to be paid.

Back