Anyone running Windows 7 x64?

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
No
This is a plea for help from anyone who is running Windows 7 64-bit... I've accidentally deleted an important system file and I can't get back for love nor money :bang:

Its called vsmraid.sys and can usually be found in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

If anyone could send me the file I would be eternally grateful, it's been driving me round the bend trying to download it, recover it but haven't had any luck.

Alternatively, if anyone can recommend any free recovery software that works, that could help too :)

Thanks,

Sam

I like Windows 7 64-Bit..... its NOTHING like the bag of poo that Windows XP 64 Bit was!!!

Can you not just do a system restore? Although I guess that would depend on whether you could actually get it to boot properly.

agreed. XP64 was surprisingly pap.

That's partly because there was only 3 drivers brought out for it.:p

It definately brings back document folders (at least with XP as i've used it a couple of times on a VM install) so I assume it brings back more important files?

you sure...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

This article describes how to use the System Restore tool to return your computer to a previous state. System Restore takes "snapshots" of critical system files and some program files and registry settings and stores this information as restore points. If your computer is not functioning correctly, you can use these restore points to return Windows XP to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly. It can also change scripts, batch files, and other kinds of executable files on your computer.

This article is for a beginning to intermediate computer user.

Note System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos. You can only restore files that you have deleted if you have made backups of those files.

Hmmm. :thinking:

I was a bit confused when it did it, maybe it restored them from the recycle bin.:thinking:

Guys, sorry I haven't posted back sooner, my internet has been down.

Thankyou so much to those who posted links and offered to send the file, I downloaded it from Steep's link and am sorted, hooray! :D

:love: this place :love:

Back