Anyone still using Aperture?

buy affinity far better than apeture

I've got Affinity Photo as well as Aperture, but it's quite a different beast. For a start Affinity Photo doesn't have asset management capabilities (DAM), and then it's a layered pixel editor whereas Aperture is a non-destructive raw developer and editor.

Holy thread revival, I know... but I am still using Aperture, and have kept my Mac on Yosemite. I'm thinking I really ought to upgrade to High Sierra to get back to getting security updates, and I'm not sure what's going to happen to Aperture.

Is anyone still using Aperture on High Sierra and could comment?

The plan eventually is to to move to something like Capture One Pro, but at my age I'm quite worried about the learning curve... I've got Affinity Photo and find it pretty much impenetrable unless I can find a video that shows exactly what I want to do (layers make my brain go mushy)! I'd like to keep going with Aperture as long as possible.

as you said above your age , mushy brain with layers
stick to the older technology

thats why affinity is better

What about star ratings and keywords? No?

...I was under the impression that Photos had no star ratings. Suggestions to use keywords instead seem like very clumsy workarounds, particularly when (as I do) you change ratings quite a lot. However, if/when Aperture stops working, I suppose Photos should be on the list to evaluate... it's a LOT cheaper than C1Pro!!!

...I was under the impression that Photos had no star ratings. Suggestions to use keywords instead seem like very clumsy workarounds, particularly when (as I do) you change ratings quite a lot. However, if/when Aperture stops working, I suppose Photos should be on the list to evaluate... it's a LOT cheaper than C1Pro!!!
agreed, in the keyword bit you could assign a 1 2 3 4 or 5 I guess

agreed, in the keyword bit you could assign a 1 2 3 4 or 5 I guess

I have a multi-layered process where I'll go through a film, everything I like gets 1 star, then choose those and the good ones get 2 stars, then choose those etc. Rarely go above 3 stars until much later. Then look at the 3 stars and demote those that aren't really good enough. Then back to the no stars for those I've missed that look better after some time. Works a treat with Aperture, not so much with keyworded stars, I think!

Not heard of that one...

Back