Anyone use the Apple Trackpad ?

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
I had problems with my MacBook Pro recently but managed to resolve them (hopefully) however as a back up plan I have purchased from this very site a used Mac Mini that I am going to have ready just in case I have any further issues and also to see how I go with editing on a bigger screen.

Having used a MacBook Pro for all my photos editing so far (Lightroom and Photoshop) I am finding that going back to a keyboard and mouse seems strange and noticed that you can buy a trackpad for not much money and just want to confirm that it would work in a similar way to the inbuilt trackpad on my MacBook Pro ?

Any users out there with any thoughts.

Many thanks

Tony

Sometimes... usually use a mouse (too many years of using one with a PC, though used a trackball too for years), but the trackpad is OK.

It is very similar to whatever is on the Mactops depending on the generation.

Personally I just prefer the Chi-apple mouse so trackpad is gathering dust. I find it is more precise.

I use the trackpad far less than I expected. It works very similarly to the inbuilt one.

The Magic Mouse has tracking on the top surface and this generally suffices for me.

Tried the trackpad, but sold it and now use the Magic Mouse works well.

Always used trackpad, use one at work daily for basic work stuff, but found it very hard to move back to the mouse at home.

Think the mouse would probably offer better control, but I just can’t get used to the mouse again, trackpad works just as you’d expect.

Opposite for me, tried the mouse and sold it. Trackpad for me.

I'm happy with either for general day to day office / browsing stuff just not editing as I already said due to lack of precision. surprisingly I hate the pen tools as they are crap at anything except drawing.

Back