Anyone used The Photographers Bag on ebay ?

I've used them as well, seem quite professional in my experience.

I have used them and always found them first class to deal with. I have recommended them on here before.

No question I shall use them again.

Yes, They purchase camera equipment from this ID http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/maddogmccrunchie

And sell it on under Photographer's bag, I brought a DSLR about 18 months ago from Photographer's bag, listed it a while back and they brought it back under the above id, then it was listed again under Photographer's bag a few days later....small world so some of the items may be well travelled.

Last edited:
Yes - and I wouldn't touch them again with a very very long bargepole, owned by someone else......

A couple of years ago I bought a Sigma 28-300 from them, looked okay in the photos. It turned up in a used jiffy bag packed in shredded paper missing both caps (which had been present in the photo), and there was a problem with the lens which wouldn't let the aperture close down past f8. It all got sorted in the end, but overall it wasn't a great experience. I still can't get over how the thing was packaged and why it didn't have any caps on.

Didn't use them in the end as found the camera cheaper - but that's for the feedback

Always had a first class service from them and I would highly recommend them and there service.

Yes, i bought a D300 two months ago and still waiting for my camera, awful!!!, NEVER AGAIN!!, probably i lost my money and the camera!

I have used them quite a few times, always had good service, quite often used the Offer button too.

I was interested in a lens there recently - it was described as in good condition, yet in the images it had a significant scrape and the front element has fungus. I enquired about that and was told that it was "in very good condition". Judg for yourself: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-Sup...989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46343db11d

It also says its a "Perfect wide angle / telephoto zoom lens" so I wouldn't necessarily go by what the description says!

Yes, i bought a D300 two months ago and still waiting for my camera, awful!!!, NEVER AGAIN!!, probably i lost my money and the camera!

worst 1st post ever..

they are registered as business seller, they only take Paypal, everything I have purchased has been delivered recorded delivery and there name, phone no and address are all visable on the eBay listings..

Anyone know of they offer any kind of warranty other then the normal unhappy with the item return period?

Yes they are awesome, I have bought several cameras and lenses from these guys and the service is impeccable, VERY fast delivery, always good prices and quick to reply to messages.
I had a problem with a lens once and they replaced the lens immediately , no questions asked!
They are A1 sellers in my book and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Hope this helps somewhat.........:)

Some interesting comments here, I bought a (very cheap) old body from these guys last year and received great service, last week I went for a bit of an upgrade, the price seemed a bit too good to be true given the trending prices, but due to the service I had last year I went for it anyway. They said it would come 48 tracked, it actually came 24 tracked, "Wahoo! I can play with it before it's first proper outing" I thought, nope, it has an issue...
Sent it back the next day (Friday) they've just emailed me to say they've received it back today, I'll post again when I know more :confused:

Oooh look, a supplier thread with a Common Shill and the more rarely seen Anti-Shill.

Used them a few times in the past, For both a DSLR and a few lenses. never had any issues and everything was as described.

Bought a lens off them that was faulty, sent it back and got a refund. It was back up for sale within a few days.

Bought a DSLR from them it had a fault they wouldn't have known about,got a refund in no time at all.

worst 1st post ever..

they are registered as business seller, they only take Paypal, everything I have purchased has been delivered recorded delivery and there name, phone no and address are all visable on the eBay listings..
I don't live in UK, at present day still waiting for muy D300, i feel i have just been cheated.

Used them a couple of times, no problems at all. I mainly use Richmond Cameras on eBay (used to be an unpronouncable name beginning with K!) who have in my experience been superb. I think they've bought a few things from me under a different name as well.

Yes, my last lens came from them. Zero problems, only perhaps one criticism is that the lens was not sent RMSD.

Used them a couple of times, no problems at all. I mainly use Richmond Cameras on eBay (used to be an unpronouncable name beginning with K!) who have in my experience been superb. I think they've bought a few things from me under a different name as well.

Richmond were something like Kimkichum IIRC previously.

I have used them on several occasions,but, for items like film backs,lens pouches,bags and lens caps. I have always used the make an offer taking 15% off and apart from one time the offer has been accepted.
The items arrive quickly and to date as described,I do not think I would ever buy a camera or lens from them.

Any reports from people who have sold to them via eBay and had bad experiences?

Have bought several cameras from them and probably will again.
Had one faulty where it wouldn't autofocus, returned and received a full refund, no problem at all.

Well I bought a lens off them, turned up as described and made an offer as mentioned above...No problems for me to report...

So they bought a camera from me, a private seller, i hadn't listed the shutter count as i don't have the software. They paid up and i sent it. They are complaining that the "shutter count is high" (no proof offered) and want a refund. They've also acknowledged it is not faulty and have it on sale for more than they paid with the strap, eyecup and a battery missing. They do indeed buy on one account and sell on the other, both are listed at the same address and name. I'm loathe to refund as the camera is perfectly fine.

Back