Anyone used this company before?

Joe

First thing to check out is if they have a tele number not mobile and address. You can always go on street view to see the premises( which they don't have shop wise). If they are big traders they should also have a VAT number which they don't appear to have.

Next buy on credit card it gives more protection if something goes pear shaped.

Read quote"
Please note that this address should only be used for mailing correspondence or pre-arranged returns. We are a solely internet based business and as such do not facilitate the transaction or sale of goods from these premises."unquote

So they don't actually have a premises you can visit which would worry me a bit. Personally I would think about looking around a bit more

The old addage says " if it looks to good to be true, then it is too good to be true"

Realspeed

Last edited:
The "Whois" look up for the domain, makes for worrying reading too! They are a Hong Kong based company (but I think we could all guess that).

Not sure that I'd have any dealings with them.

The "Whois" look up for the domain, makes for worrying reading too! They are a Hong Kong based company (but I think we could all guess that).

Not sure that I'd have any dealings with them.

Meaning procamerashop of course, not HDEW?

after a miserable panamoz purchase, i've purchased a lens from hdewcameras, who seemed much more helpful and amicable... aswell as the fact they offer really quick 3 day delivery (despite current non stock) to your door- so importing item / grey import is unlikely- either way its looking alot less stressful and the cheapest place by far for the lens im after....

If you don't mind an import, this place has a very good price

http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-body-961-p.asp

Although I haven't used them myself, I know quite a few people here have, and so have some friends of mine

I purchased 2x Canon 7D 1x Canon 70-200 F4L 1x Canon 580EXII 1x Tamron 17-50mm from HDEW.

I went to collect from their offices/warehouse that is only about 20mins from me. They are a fairly large business with a fair few employees. I was welcomed in to the building and the staff were very friendly.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again, very high quality of service and great prices.

I got 3 year warranty from a third party with my 7Ds

Alex

after a miserable panamoz purchase, i've purchased a lens from hdewcameras, who seemed much more helpful and amicable... aswell as the fact they offer really quick 3 day delivery (despite current non stock) to your door- so importing item / grey import is unlikely- either way its looking alot less stressful and the cheapest place by far for the lens im after....

Saw your comments on an earlier thread concerning Panamoz - what happened in the end?

Back