Anyone using Adobe Portfolio as their website?

The photo stories should open in a new tab so you shouldn't lose the original photo story page if you come from the website. The link is there to reach the portfolio if you come across the photo story via another way. I've thought whether they should say 'back to' or just the name of the portfolio. I'm going to have to update the links when I transfer my domain name to the portfolio so can sort it out then.

Yes you are right, I hadn't realised the original tab was still open :-(

Rob, on my browser, I get:

Rob Cain
Photograph
y

as the header for the sidebar/menu.

(the "Y" is centred on your page - odd forum thing - the post and the edit show this, but forum must be set to ignore multiple spaces when displaying)
After playing about for the font size I found I was still getting part of the ending on different lines. To solve that issue I've created a quick logo in Adobe spark. It's not perfect and it does mean it's quite small at the top of the page when viewing on a tablet or phone, but at least it stays as one. It would be nice if you could have different logo widths and shape depending on if the viewer has the phone/tablet in portrait or landscape orientation.

Considering I started building the new portfolio 10 days ago, and first two evening were plagued by the safari error issues my portfolio is now official my website. I've changed the domain across this evening as I've built enough for it to officially go live. I still have some previous content to add but this years is there and that enough to go forward with.

Hey Rob, just thought I would ressurect this thread to say I followed your lead and created my own portfolio using Adobe!

https://danielpaulphotography.myportfolio.com/

I've on off been developing it since January but I think now I am finally happy with it and clicked 'Live'!

Hey Rob, just thought I would ressurect this thread to say I followed your lead and created my own portfolio using Adobe!

https://danielpaulphotography.myportfolio.com/

I've on off been developing it since January but I think now I am finally happy with it and clicked 'Live'!
Looks good Daniel.

After a few months and a change of domain name, google does seem to finally be finding my new portfolio site for a name search at least. SEO seems to be my biggest challenge at present compared to zenfolio. Improvement to SEO and spark page incorporation with my website domain names would be great improvements.

Looks good Daniel.

After a few months and a change of domain name, google does seem to finally be finding my new portfolio site for a name search at least. SEO seems to be my biggest challenge at present compared to zenfolio. Improvement to SEO and spark page incorporation with my website domain names would be great improvements.

I've not gone for a personal domain name just yet, I'm happy with it the way it is for the time being. Good to hear Google are finally recognising yours though!!

I've not gone for a personal domain name just yet, I'm happy with it the way it is for the time being. Good to hear Google are finally recognising yours though!!
Ive heard a personal domain name is required for a google search to find the site. I transferred the original domain name to my portfolio site but it was up for renewal so went with a new .photography domain name over .com, the price was a little cheaper being a new domain which was nice. It was easy to add a domain name. One problem is google was (and still is to an extent) still recognising my old zenfolio website and old domain name, thankfully they are slowly disappearing from search results.

Interesting read @rob-nikon, I setup a Squarespace site and then noticed this after I paid, Im going to check it out if its any good I wont continue my Squarespace site

Last edited:
Who did you go with for a domain name in the end?

Interesting read @rob-nikon, I setup a Squarespace site and then noticed this after I paid, Im going to check it out if its any good I wont continue my Squarespace site
There are some difference between Adobe portfolio and the likes of square space and zenfolio. Generally I’m happy with Adobe portfolio but it would be nice if there was some SEO for galleries to help internet searches find my photos. I need to do more research on SEO for Adobe portfolio to ensure I’m getting the most out of it.

Whats a Spark page Rob?
Spark Page is an adobe app that lets you make bespoke web pages and host them on spark.adobe.com. I've created quite a few, an example of one of mine is:

https://spark.adobe.com/page/RZTIWe9ra8VnD/

You can add a link to all of your Spark Pages by embedding a link onto a page on your adobe portfolio. I've embedded them into my 'photo stories' page:

http://robcain.photography/photo-stories

I've found Adobe Spark Spage is an easy way to create bespoke web pages in a 'blog' style page. I like using these as a replacement to publishing the information I used to put in blog posts. Its not a blog by any means (adobe portfolio doesn't provide a blog) but is a nice way to add content other than just gallery images. My only issue with Spark Page is that they are hosted by adobe rather than within my portfolio. It would be nice if they were part of my domain and that I could give each a private domain like say: robcain.photography/photo-stories/photographing-cornwalls-tin-mines rather than a link hosted on the adobe spark website.

Spark Page is an adobe app that lets you make bespoke web pages and host them on spark.adobe.com. I've created quite a few, an example of one of mine is:

https://spark.adobe.com/page/RZTIWe9ra8VnD/

You can add a link to all of your Spark Pages by embedding a link onto a page on your adobe portfolio. I've embedded them into my 'photo stories' page:

http://robcain.photography/photo-stories

I've found Adobe Spark Spage is an easy way to create bespoke web pages in a 'blog' style page. I like using these as a replacement to publishing the information I used to put in blog posts. Its not a blog by any means (adobe portfolio doesn't provide a blog) but is a nice way to add content other than just gallery images. My only issue with Spark Page is that they are hosted by adobe rather than within my portfolio. It would be nice if they were part of my domain and that I could give each a private domain like say: robcain.photography/photo-stories/photographing-cornwalls-tin-mines rather than a link hosted on the adobe spark website.

Yes I see what you mean, they act like dedicated blog pages, i like the look of them definitely! Thanks for sharing!

Tried building one but the website looks simple and boring. Not that I'm looking at flashy or animated content, but a portfolio websites needs to have a great design with great work.
Have you tried portfolio builders like Pixpa or Squarespace? They're specially built for photographers with themes consisting of various galleries. Pixpa is more inclined towards photographers and even offers selling prints of your photos. Checkout their free trial and choose whichever suits you.

Tried building one but the website looks simple and boring. Not that I'm looking at flashy or animated content, but a portfolio websites needs to have a great design with great work.
Have you tried portfolio builders like Pixpa or Squarespace? They're specially built for photographers with themes consisting of various galleries. Pixpa is more inclined towards photographers and even offers selling prints of your photos. Checkout their free trial and choose whichever suits you.

Squarespace does look good but it really depends what you want or need from a website. If you want selling and fulfilment Adobe Portfolio isn’t for you. Adobe Portfollio is good if you want a simple website, especially if you are already paying for the CC subscription as it gives you a chance to workout what you want from a website. I was previously with Zenfolio on the basic package. I’ve linked to my thoughts on the differences I see between the two in this thread already, personally it felt like I was only gaining the blog feature and paying £60 a year for it. I’ve managed to replace the blog content by using Spark pages, which are very easy to create.

I do agree the images should be great, no point showing hundreds of ok images. No flashy website is going make ok images look great.

Last edited:
Squarespace does look good but it really depends what you want or need from a website. If you want selling and fulfilment Adobe Portfolio isn’t for you.
Oh if its a basic website with photos that you want, Adobe Portfolio sure is the answer. Its just that most people want a little more than simple website, be it transition effects or customized designs. Squarespace becomes too complicated here. Pixpa as I mentioned is another great option. Their lowest plan is for £40 with all design customization's, blog and store. But since you have already a CC plan, it would be advisable to stick to Adobe Portfolio.

Oh if its a basic website with photos that you want, Adobe Portfolio sure is the answer. Its just that most people want a little more than simple website, be it transition effects or customized designs. Squarespace becomes too complicated here. Pixpa as I mentioned is another great option. Their lowest plan is for £40 with all design customization's, blog and store. But since you have already a CC plan, it would be advisable to stick to Adobe Portfolio.
You are right there are definitely some advantages (display options/store/blog/cloud storage) to the likes of zenfolio, squarespace, pixpa over the Adobe Portfolio (which I've gone through in posts on my portfolio and posted links to). I'm by no ways saying its better than those specific website providers, its just different and can potentially meet some amateurs/hobbyists needs for a website to display their images if they are similar to my requirements. I was happily with Zenfolio for five years but felt I wasn't really getting the best out of the basic package for my use. Barring the blog the portfolio website is quite similar to the one I created on the zenfolio basic package. I do miss the 'cloud storage' as I used a hidden image folder as cloud storage of finished jpegs. If you need a store and blog Adobe Portfolio isn't going to work for you, if you don't need them and already paying for CC then it could potentially be a cheap way to get an online presence. I'm hoping over time Adobe develop Portfolio further, and add some missing functionality. They have found and replied to my recent tweet (I hadn't linked them) about my experience 'six months on' asking if they can send me further questions. I'm hoping that's a good sign they want to develop the portfolio platform further.

So Rob-nikon, SEO as nothing to do with short eared owls? Because i see plenty of these on your site!

I like the way you've used the spark to get around not having a blog it work great.
Makes me want to try to do something with my photo.

Do you know if as a cc person you are limited to creating one portfolio site? The reason is that my parter is an artist and to be fair she deserve a page more that me so if i can do one for her one for me i would do that. But if i am limited to one i might do it for her!

So Rob-nikon, SEO as nothing to do with short eared owls? Because i see plenty of these on your site!

I like the way you've used the spark to get around not having a blog it work great.
Makes me want to try to do something with my photo.

Do you know if as a cc person you are limited to creating one portfolio site? The reason is that my parter is an artist and to be fair she deserve a page more that me so if i can do one for her one for me i would do that. But if i am limited to one i might do it for her!
Short Eared Owls is one bird of prey I’ve yet to get any good images of. Spark works ok for me but there needs some improvements to make it better (hopefully they sort that soon).

Unfortunately it looks like you can only have one portfolio per CC account:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-...I-have-more-than-one-Adobe-Portfolio-website-

I am trying to upload a photo and have been trying for 1 hour, is there a specific size that needs uploading as I have made the image as small as possible 588kb and still it wont upload

I am trying to upload a photo and have been trying for 1 hour, is there a specific size that needs uploading as I have made the image as small as possible 588kb and still it wont upload
I upload at 800px on the long side, even on my slow internet to doesnt too long per image (probably 5-10 secs). Sometimes it can be a browser issue as I had problems with safari until I changed to chrome.

I ran a speed test on my broadband as I have been having problems the past few days, and it looks like it was that at fault, my DL was 180+mb and upload was sat at 0.00mb so reset the router and that sorted it out

Back