Anyone using nvme ssd ?

GTG

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
I never really spent anything much on SSD`s, only have a single 120GB one and 1TB velociraptor HDD.

I`m not sure whether to get a 500GB standard SSD now or wait it out for nvme to become cheaper.

Is anyone actually using the nvme ones and see any difference ?

I am using few of them (NVMe M.2) both 256GB Samsungs.

Read 2150MB/s, Write 1550MB/s (i think), maybe READ speeds higher... maybe 2800MB/s tho...

Performance is great, especially if you move data between M.2 drives. Depending what you do really. But SSD still excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTG
Unless you are doing a heck of a lot of read/write work on a regular basis i dont see the benefit of NVMe over sata 3 SSD.

Until they come down drastically in price is it worth having them just so you can say your OS or applications etc load a whole second quicker.

Personally i will stuck to SSDs for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: GTG
Unless you are doing a heck of a lot of read/write work on a regular basis i dont see the benefit of NVMe over sata 3 SSD.

Until they come down drastically in price is it worth having them just so you can say your OS or applications etc load a whole second quicker.

Personally i will stuck to SSDs for the foreseeable future.

one of the benefits for example (in my case), I don't need to use SATA port on motherboard (as all of them in use with 3.5" HDD's and few SSD's) :)

Thanks guys, stick with standard SSD I thin 500GB will do me

Back