Anyone watching Children n Need

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
on BBc 1?

(Scuse typing - 1) i@m piddled - 2) I have lft hand in splint form dislocating thumb trying to catch camera from falling odf worktop and cathcung the strap n thumb :( )

Anyway, I digress, just got in from rugby club and tunred on to BBC1 and can't believe how much the spice gIRFls have "grown" up - I'm sure they weren't liek that when I was younger!!!!!!

Off for another baileys:D

(Plus Annie Lennox has just rocked :D:D:D)

yup - caught the camera - just can;t hold it now :razz: - thank god i did as Dan doesn't reckon it's insured - have to double chec k home contents - panic

not steppig away from the baileys at all :LOL::LOL::LOL:

gotta go - buzzcicks has just started and i am in love with chris moyles :LOL:

the main irony is obviuosly being told to give what precious little we the viewers have by people with more money than sense amuses me greatly

chris moyles should be shot, hes not funny, hes moronic and inane and he puts me off listening to his show, then again every ****er else on radio 1 is **** and crap, whiley (used to really like her, ****ed me off recently with an interview with lopez), mills. edith "ohhh wowwww i love films" (go **** jonothan ross then) bowman".... and dont even get me started on fern and regey

I think Moyles is funny, best DJ on radio in my opinion.

His books are a very good read too. He's down to earth, just a normal bloke who gets home from work and plays on his xbox (like me).

I too find the "Give what you can afford" things a farce, the totals gained could easily be doubled or tripled if all of the famous involved gave the same percentage of their earnings as normal people do.

They've run out of things now, repeating the same guilt trip thingies and repeating Dr Who, Joseph, etc.

So I'm going to bed :p

<< Watching CIN here too :)

Reminiscing about 9 years ago to the day when I was in the call centre at Peterborough taking pledges, what a night that was! the biggest pledge I took that night was £3,000 :love: Can't tell you how good it felt to be doing something.

Plus all the big takeaway places (KFC, McDonald's, Pizza Hut etc) were sending us free grub to keep us going. The call centre was in the big drinks place (forget which one now :thinking:) and we got an endless supply of Oasis and Redbull to take home if we made a pledge ourselves.

The atmosphere is that place was electric!

I am watching a child in need.....................

She needs to go to bed..........

why won't they sleep when your pooped?

I managed to fall asleep and miss the entire thing! got in from university, had dinner then went for a little lay down...woke up at 7am this morning completely confused.

I'm caught on the horns of a bull called dilemma with this one.......

1) it's great that so many people feel come together to help a worthy cause. A lot of good comes out of this. A lot of lives are made bearble where before there was torment and pain.

2) Charity is just a salve for peoples guilt. WE created this society in which children suffer and are abused. WE as a country and government have more than enough money, time and creative intelligence to make these problems go away for good without resorting to telethons. If we can afford to spend several billion pounds launching a satellite yesterday for military communications that will be obsolete in 5 years time then we can damn well afford to support and care for our 'children in need'

It's about time that people realised that everything that is wrong with the world is our own doing. Ok, give a fiver to terry wogan if it helps you sleep at night. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me and actually makes me feel worse.

It's wrong, all sooo wrong but I'm trapped in a civilisation & society that I can't escape. So many people can see the correct way but are powerless to do anything about it.

Oh well, I guess ultimately in the bigger picture of universal time it matters not one iota. Western Civilisation will crumble and fall the same way the romans, aztecs, egyptians etc did before us and the same way civilisations after us will.

Appologies for the slightly depressing, paranoid rant but things like this make me so bloody angry when the answer is staring us in the face.

I'm caught on the horns of a bull called dilemma with this one.......

1) it's great that so many people feel come together to help a worthy cause. A lot of good comes out of this. A lot of lives are made bearble where before there was torment and pain.

2) Charity is just a salve for peoples guilt. WE created this society in which children suffer and are abused. WE as a country and government have more than enough money, time and creative intelligence to make these problems go away for good without resorting to telethons. If we can afford to spend several billion pounds launching a satellite yesterday for military communications that will be obsolete in 5 years time then we can damn well afford to support and care for our 'children in need'

It's about time that people realised that everything that is wrong with the world is our own doing. Ok, give a fiver to terry wogan if it helps you sleep at night. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me and actually makes me feel worse.

It's wrong, all sooo wrong but I'm trapped in a civilisation & society that I can't escape. So many people can see the correct way but are powerless to do anything about it.

Oh well, I guess ultimately in the bigger picture of universal time it matters not one iota. Western Civilisation will crumble and fall the same way the romans, aztecs, egyptians etc did before us and the same way civilisations after us will.

Appologies for the slightly depressing, paranoid rant but things like this make me so bloody angry when the answer is staring us in the face.

And I completely agree but for one difference... I will continue to donate to these telethons until a better solution is found. Just the fact that the money goes to help a child in need is what will keep me doing it. I donate money in other ways too, not just like this. But when it comes down to it without last night, millions of pounds would not have been donated one way or another to the cause. Sure the government should give the charities what they need to survive (without struggling) instead of spending money on more unimportant things. But they don't and until they do I will continue to donate.

the main problem i have with these things is it seems to be people who can afford to give lots of money (i'm sure Victoria Beckham has a penny or two) trying to make us feel bad if we dont give lots of money.

Back