Aperture 2 Released

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
http://www.apple.com/aperture/

Streamlined interface that’s more accessible and intuitive.

Aperture 2 includes an all-in-one inspector that consolidates the Project, Metadata, and Adjustments panes and lets you switch between them simply by typing W. Another convenience, the simplified Viewer and Browser setup lets you maximize screen real estate for your images.

Aperture 2 supports the RAW formats from more than 100 digital cameras and camera backs. It also lets you work with most DNG files.1 Shoot JPEG? Using Aperture, you can import JPEG images from virtually all digital cameras.

Canon
EOS 1Ds Mark III*
EOS 1D Mark III
EOS 1Ds Mark II
EOS 1D Mark II
EOS 1D Mark IIN
EOS 1D
EOS 1Ds
EOS 5D
EOS 10D
EOS 20D
EOS 30D
EOS 40D
EOS D30
EOS D60
EOS Digital Rebel/Kiss Digital/300D
EOS Digital Rebel XT/Kiss Digital N/350D
EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D
PowerShot G5
PowerShot G6
PowerShot G9*
PowerShot Pro 1
PowerShot S60
PowerShot S70

Other cameras :wacky: also covered - http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html

be very carful if you have aperture 1.5 installed.

if you install aperture 2 it will over right version 1.5

if you import your library from v1.5 into v2 you cannot then use the library back in version 1.5

so far this Aperture 2.0 is really good. Much cleaner interface, easier to use, better functions and much faster. I like it.
its much better suited to lap tops and smaller screens than 1.5 was.

Tip:
its over £200 to buy it in the UK. get someone in the US to buy it for you (you can also just buy the serial number) and get them to e-mail you the serial. Its $200 there (approx £100).
What a rip off that we have to pay double!

be very carful if you have aperture 1.5 installed.

if you install aperture 2 it will over right version 1.5

if you import your library from v1.5 into v2 you cannot then use the library back in version 1.5

it shouldnt over write it. It told me to rename old aperture (i just stuck an X on the end) before it could install.
then when i wanted to use 1.5 again i renamed 2.0 to aperture2 and 1.5 back to 'aperture'

This version should be on the shelves by the 14th..

Looks like another trip to the bank....

Regards

Nigel.

it shouldnt over write it. It told me to rename old aperture (i just stuck an X on the end) before it could install.
then when i wanted to use 1.5 again i renamed 2.0 to aperture2 and 1.5 back to 'aperture'

that was the case with the last beta version i had to test. didnt even run the gold version havent had time.

and .mac support is improved

"Aperture support. Aperture 2.0 users can now publish directly to .Mac Web Gallery. You get all the publishing features of iPhoto ’08, plus an option to allow visitors to download your original RAW files."

Ok, im slightly lazy this evening and im busy setting up my new computer, anyone want to brief me about the major additions/changes to Aperture, i love 1.5 and for how much i use it (not often) i cannot imagine ill be buying 2.0 anytime soon.

Just thought, will there be an upgrade package? or will i be forced to bin 1.5 and buy the new version outright?

Ok, im slightly lazy this evening and im busy setting up my new computer, anyone want to brief me about the major additions/changes to Aperture, i love 1.5 and for how much i use it (not often) i cannot imagine ill be buying 2.0 anytime soon.

Just thought, will there be an upgrade package? or will i be forced to bin 1.5 and buy the new version outright?

there is a cheaper upgrade available, and if you bought 1.5 in the last month then you can upgrade for $10 (which will prob be £50 here!)

aperture 2 doesnt have massively more functions than 1.5, its just much neater, tidier and faster in every way.

Annoyingly Apple lost me when LR1 came out. I jumped ship, found the speed to be much faster than Aperture 1.5 and stuck with that. I did download the demo of Aperture 2 but then thought why? LR is doing everything I need and my workflow / presets are all nicely setup. So it would take time to recreate things in Aperture. I'm sure LR2 will be brilliant.

Arhh.. cheaper upgrade sounds good... I bought Aperture 1.0 when i got my first Macpro (August 06)

Just looked on the US site and the upgrade is $99, so that will be £99 when it finally arrives on the UK site... Suppose i might buy it at that price.

£129 full price and £69 upgrade. And before everyone throws their hands in the air and crys rip off, remember that's including VAT where the US one is excluding tax.

The price yesterday was the 1.5 price. Aperture2 is cheaper. I'm hoping the local Apple retailer will get some in soon.

Lovely app, will have to try this out. £129 is a nice price point too [espicially when you add in the 16% saving I get through work].

Just got email mine is sitting with UPS so I should have on the floor when I get home tomorrow...

Yippeeeeeee

Sooo... what are my chances of walking into the Apple Store in the Trafford centre on Saturday and picking up the 1.5->2.0 upgrade pack.

I went to regents street yesterday after phoning them because they said they had it in stock... But they told fib and tried to give me 1.5....

For double the price.... ummm yes please sell me what I already have...

Do not like your odds really but phone first if you can put any stock in what they tell you...

Nigel

UPS delivered mine yesterday. For some reason i was expecting a bigger box, but thats my only complaint with it.
I'm not sure its a version 2, more like a fixed version 1. I really like it a lot, though. I even paid for it this time instead of waiting for the crack (eh hem)

I even paid for it this time

So you're the reason apple stuff is so expensive huh. pffffft. :LOL:

I really must have a look at this and see if it's any good with leaf files.

So you're the reason apple stuff is so expensive huh. pffffft. :LOL:

I really must have a look at this and see if it's any good with leaf files.

When i installed Aperture 1, it was £400 or something crazy.
It was so buggy too. It wouldnt even render the black parts of photos properly, looked like they had ink splodges on them.
My using the 'free' version helped bring the price down to something sensible LOL

I will upgrade soon.
1.5 is doing very well for me, but I would like the vignetting feature, and the improved highlight recovery (currently I use capture one for recoverable files). I purchased my aperture 1.5 with an educational discount, I've read that you cannot upgrade with this, anyone know any different?

Well I just telephoned the apple help desk re my last point, as a student I'm getting the full version (as I can't upgrade with an educational s/n) for £55.00, so It's still cheaper anyway.

Just ordered the upgrade pack.

Just wondering what's in this upgrade edition, is it just the same as the normal edition or is it a toned down version with no box, do you need to have the disc version 1.0 to be able to install this one?

Reason being is that when i bought 1.0 i bought the serial instead of the box version as i was away in Portugal at the time and needed it quick.

Hopefully it's just the same as the full version but i have to put my existing serial in!

Josh

Back