Aperture 2

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else using Aperture 2?

Installed it on the iMac and amazed at it's simplicity compared to CS2. Most of what you need to do with levels etc is obvious or simply understood by going to Mac's free tutorials.

For a novice it seems a great piece of software.

Regards

Chris

I use it and love it, but, i couldnt compare it to CS2/3. Its image editting ability is pretty non-existant compared to PSCS2/3, its cataloguing, sorting and initial processing are 2nd to none, but it cannot touch the power of CS3.

Hi Darryn,

Yes I guess if you want to do a lot to a photo then CS is the way to go. What has amazed me over the last week is how easily I can rescue badly exposed pictures with ease using Aperture.

Not saying you cannot with CS but as someone who uses the software very little I find Aperture seems to be so easy to use.

Keep trying to use CS but it seems unwieldy for simple tasks.

Regards

Chris

Chris,

Yes I use Aperture 2, and I am very pleased with its ease of use.

It does exactly what it is supposed to, manage workflow. I now use Aperture for 90% of my shots and where a little more work is needed I use elements.

Overall I am a very happy customer.

Use it here too. I find I can sort most shots with the clone tool in Aperture to get rid of spots etc and don't need to play with them in photoshop anymore most of the time.

Pete

jumping on this thread

Doe anyone know how Aperture 2 compares with Nikons Capture NX which i am trying to use at the moment

Can;t compare with nikon capture. But Aperture is great for basic adjustments. And now with 2.1 you can dodge and burn. If you want to do more advanced processing, then you'd still use CS, and aperture isn't trying to replace the need for photoshop. Aperture is great for cataloguing, IPTC (to a point) and basic image adjustments. It's currently my main software, as I don't need layers and selective adjustments.

From my understanding 2.1 gives more than just the "Dodge and Burn" ability, but that this new ability is the start of a fairly massive change for Aperture, in that its a Plugin... opening the way for a whole host of other plugins, eventually eliminating the need for PSCS3... Maybe.

Back