Aperture 3 - YAY!!!

No the beta testers did the beta testing. And they don't get paid either... It's no good complaining it doesn't work if your not prepared to raise the bug.

sorry, but i disagree with that

aperture is meant to be an apple pro application. I should be able to be in the middle of a job, install it, and do the job that the customer requires without it ballsing up.

I switched from PC to Apple because I need the reliability to do my job properly and not lose customers. But lately Apple seem to be getting a bit shoddy.

If I was a builder, I wouldnt expect to have to use faulty tools for a few months and report back to de walt until they started working properly.

aperture is meant to be an apple pro application. I should be able to be in the middle of a job, install it, and do the job that the customer requires without it ballsing up.

I switched from PC to Apple because I need the reliability to do my job properly and not lose customers. But lately Apple seem to be getting a bit shoddy.

If I was a builder, I wouldnt expect to have to use faulty tools for a few months and report back to de walt until they started working properly.

Knowing what you know, perhaps early adoption isn't the best way if you're relying on these tools to earn your living?

I switched from PC to Apple because I need the reliability to do my job properly and not lose customers.

Doh. Apple speed and reliability and "Apple is better for design tools" is pure marketing hyperbole, something which sadly you're now discovering first hand :(

If you're a professional you only swap to a new tool when you know it is suitable for the job. If I was a builder I wouldn't take a brand new tool out to a job without making sure it worked before I took it. Same here. If it doesn't do the job when you are evaluating it's effectiveness don't use it for your jobs.

It's not like you didn't get 30 days to trial it with a fully functional copy. ;)

If you're a professional you only swap to a new tool when you know it is suitable for the job. If I was a builder I wouldn't take a brand new tool out to a job without making sure it worked before I took it. Same here. If it doesn't do the job when you are evaluating it's effectiveness don't use it for your jobs.

It's not like you didn't get 30 days to trial it with a fully functional copy. ;)

one of the many bugs that came with it, meant that you couldnt use ap3 and 2 side by side to test it.

what i should have done, is switched to lightroom like i did last time aperture failed me in the middle of a job. But unfortunately I was a bit of an Apple fan boy. But my rose tinted goggles are becoming more and more clear.

one of the many bugs that came with it, meant that you couldnt use ap3 and 2 side by side to test it.

what i should have done, is switched to lightroom like i did last time aperture failed me in the middle of a job. But unfortunately I was a bit of an Apple fan boy. But my rose tinted goggles are becoming more and more clear.

What you should have done is backed up your aperture library. I have no problem running up either Ap3 or Ap2 and both work with their own libraries.

it always amazes me that software gets released when its so full of holes that sieves look solid in comparison..

In this day and age, with so many people available to test software willingly and for free, there should be no excuse. Yes you can trial it for 30 days, but if it dont work im not going to buy it...

The more I use it, the more I like it. I edited a full shoot today and really liked the results, however exporting was a mind numbingly long experience. I'm hoping there will be a whole new array of presets available before too long because this is one area in which Lightroom blows it away, although it's a start I guess. It does hang a lot and I've had to restart a few times but I'm hoping these bugs will be ironed out before too long. Much better than A2 though and I'm seriously considering moving away from LR for this.

Presets are only as good as you make them!

Back