Beginner App to keep track of photo details?

Edit My Images
Yes
This is a bit of a random question but are there any phone apps that allow you to keep track of details of your shots?

Say I'm shooting a load of bands at a festival. Sometimes its easy to lose track of who's who and I wondered if there was an app that helped with that somehow?

The best option would be to add some description metadata onboard the camera but I don't think a 70D can do that on-camera?

Edit My Images
Yes
If you're going to be putting the band details etc into an app on the phone why not just write a note on your phone and take a photo of it? It would tie in with the set of photos you have perfectly. I'm so clever I amaze myself sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Edit My Images
Yes
If you're going to be putting the band details etc into an app on the phone why not just write a note on your phone and take a photo of it? It would tie in with the set of photos you have perfectly. I'm so clever I amaze myself sometimes.
Yeah that would be my low-tech solution but wondered if there was anything a bit more streamlined?

Edit My Images
Yes
How could entering details, into an app that's remote from your camera and it's images be more streamlined. How would the app know images from 81-105 are of XXX? And then if you delete some it's totally out of sync.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
If it were me, the night before, I would write down on idividual bits of paper the names of the bands, then on the day would take a shot of the appropriate one before the band shots. Wouldnt take long to do, in fact it would probably be quicker than entering details into an app.

OP
OP
B
Edit My Images
Yes
write down running order and timetable, and deliberately take a obviously bad photo that serves as a bookmark / reminder.
At the weekend I was shooting between 3 stages and one was running well behind which messed up the relative order (hence me asking here for better ideas).

mrjames

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
buy a 1d series camera, they have a built in audio recorder that lets you record a message that gets tagged to the image- that you can later play back!

Edit My Images
No
buy a 1d series camera, they have a built in audio recorder that lets you record a message that gets tagged to the image- that you can later play back!
^^ This, switch quickly to video before shooting a sequence of images of a certain band and record audio / video of yourself speaking into the camera with the details. Add the metadata in later at the editing stage, sorted.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd go with carrying a small notepad and scribbling down the band, then take a picture of it. I always have a notepad and pen on me!

Snooky

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Can you not add a comment to photo in camera? Thought most slr 's had that optionin the settings!

kelack

TPer Emerita
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
write down running order and timetable, and deliberately take a obviously bad photo that serves as a bookmark / reminder.
I do something very similar with tournament photography - between each one, take a picture of the grass.