Are There Any Mobile Phones Where 4K Option Would Work?

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
For my YouTube videos I use an editor app that can convert in the following different options. 360p, 480p, 640p, 720p, 1080p and 4K. I normally use the 720p option for movies around 10 minutes long then the 480p option for longer ones. Today I used 1080p for the first time which is in HD and it took ages to upload. File size was about 1.5GB though. I've never had any mobile phones which support the 4K option and I'm wonder if anyone here has used 4K before.

I don't upload to YouTube or create content but I know my One Plus 8 Pro records in 4k at 60 and 30 FPS. That's the default setting for my videos on the phone.

Spec here: https://www.oneplus.com/uk/8-pro/specs

I know my photography course lecturer has been pretty amazed by its photo quality and the new one plus 9 pro has been tinkered with by Hasselblad.

Not sure if that answers your question or helps.

Pretty much all phones shoot 4K video now in some guise, some will be 4K 60fps, or 4K 30fps.

1080p is fine for most uses though, although uploading to YouTube in 4K makes the 1080p version better quality, because YouTube compression kills quality, when you upload in 4K, it uploads a higher bitrate than 1080 footage and preserves some of the data.

Ive just made a 16 minute long 4K video and it’s just under 3gb, the codec and render file type you use will have the biggest effect on file size, I use h.265 and .mov as I’m on a Mac. If your phone is using h.264, this will dramatically increase the file size.

Back